Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ever wonder why the UN is a mess?
IQs for 185 countries

I now know why Kofi Annus was a dud; the average IQ for Ghana is seventy-one.
'It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes'  |  György Schwartz, Budapest, Hungary
Holy Cow, Dr John Ray is correct! Black Africans do not have as high an IQ as the rest. He is talking averages, of course, and there is no reason given as to the non-genetic influences there.

If you go through the many African nations, excluding the Arab north African countries, there were only four countries that had an average IQ of 70 to 73. That is astounding! Almost all western countries are in the high 90s to low 100s. Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, and North Korea, all lead the way from 105-107 being the top for Hong Kong.

My last IQ test, over 20 years ago gave me a 139, so it should be even higher with age and acquired knowledge. And to think that Black Africans, on average, are less than half my IQ. Amazing! My little PJ is almost that bright. Shock

Quote:People who mention differences in black vs. white IQ are these days almost universally howled down and subjected to the most extreme abuse. I am a psychometrician, however, so I feel obliged to defend the scientific truth of the matter: The average black adult has about the same IQ as an average white 11-year-old. The American Psychological Association is generally Left-leaning but it is the world's most prestigious body of academic psychologists. And even they have had to concede that sort of gap (one SD) in black vs. white average IQ. 11-year olds can do a lot of things but they also have their limits and there are times when such limits need to be allowed for.-Dr John Ray
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Kenya's average is seventy-two, and the Looney Left wants to elect Obama.
'It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes'  |  György Schwartz, Budapest, Hungary
I can understand why there are few here, who are willing to talk about IQ and Race. Naturally, I'm not afraid. However, I don't want others to accuse me of being a racist, because I definately am not.

What I would really like to see is what the IQ of indigenous tribes located in other tropical climes, such as Australian Aborigionies, natives of Papua New Guinea, or the Amazon basin, as an example. I think it would be safe to say that these peoples have been there since the ending of the last ice age.

Do they too have a lower IQ? And just what is it that causes African Blacks to be so far behind. And I remember articles about American Blacks, who are almost always behind those of other racial groups.

But keep in mind that within open societies, intermingling of genes will tend to do away with this differentiation. Another thing too. Averages to not account for those who reach the upper tier of intelligence. I can think of Dr Thomas Sowell, Dr Walter E Williams, or Dr Shelby Steele as exceptions to the rule. I am also betting that the average IQ of American Blacks was higher during the 50s than today, on average, because the school system back then was heads and shoulders above that of today.

There are just so many variables out there, and no amount of accusing those interested of being racist will ever help solve the problem by sweeping such information under the academic rug.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

In this situation, I'm more inclined to wonder about the current state of IQ testing before pursuing the conversation further.

Are the tests biased at all toward any language or culture, for example?

How reliable are the comparisons?

Quote:My last IQ test, over 20 years ago gave me a 139, so it should be even higher with age and acquired knowledge. And to think that Black Africans, on average, are less than half my IQ. Amazing! My little PJ is almost that bright.

Uh, your PJ has an IQ of 70? OK, will it stay at that level for the rest of his life? How much does education and training effect tested IQ's? How much does one's environment effect IQ?

There are obvious racial differences, so it certainly shouldn't be surprising that there would be a variance in IQ, but such a radical discrepancy may be somewhat reflective of the testing methodology.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
JohnWho Wrote:Uh, your PJ has an IQ of 70? OK, will it stay at that level for the rest of his life? How much does education and training effect tested IQ's? How much does one's environment effect IQ?

PJ is my pet Shih-tzu. 8)

Quote:There are obvious racial differences, so it certainly shouldn't be surprising that there would be a variance in IQ, but such a radical discrepancy may be somewhat reflective of the testing methodology.

I can't really argue that John. However, with such a discrepency, how can education and testing criteria make all that difference? This is something that should really be pursued, not stigmatized by certain parties.

John L Wrote:
JohnWho Wrote:Uh, your PJ has an IQ of 70? OK, will it stay at that level for the rest of his life? How much does education and training effect tested IQ's? How much does one's environment effect IQ?

PJ is my pet Shih-tzu.

Did he take the test in English? Was there fish in his diet?

S2
JohnWho Wrote:
John L Wrote:

PJ is my pet Shih-tzu.

S2

She. PJ is a She.

John L Wrote:
JohnWho Wrote:There are obvious racial differences, so it certainly shouldn't be surprising that there would be a variance in IQ, but such a radical discrepancy may be somewhat reflective of the testing methodology.

I can't really argue that John. However, with such a discrepency, how can education and testing criteria make all that difference? This is something that should really be pursued, not stigmatized by certain parties.

Yeah, I can see how this is something we should understand, but I can also see how it is something we may not want to know.

I guess I'd come down on not hiding from the truth, whatever that turns out to be.
I don't for 1 second believe this report. I know several Africans that are so much smarter than the average white guy in America.

Ask anyone at college,the Africans there are absolute tops in academics. My brother ran a propulsion engineering shop near Boeing and hired mostly Africans,because no Americans had degrees in propulsion engineering. pHD degrees in propulsion engineering and here's a report saying the average one is at severe retardation levels.

At best,these tests are very flawed,at worst this is a case of some insanely mad scientist at work trying to make himself look good by denigrating an entire freaking race of humans.

Black Americans are generally uneducated because of their culture,not their brains.

Africans don't share American black culture and it shows in their accomplishments. I wouldn't compare my education against theirs,nor my IQ and mine was 132 on a test score I once took. I ain't even close to how intelligent the Africans are I personally know. 72 my as.s. NEXT!!!
Hmmm.... Brits are smarter than Americans.

Is this because the study was done in the UK?

I like their averaging technique: Armenians, for example, are viewed as an even mix of Russians and Turks. Costa Rican's IQ was coming too high so they got averaged with Puerto Ricans -- not the same genetics at all.
Sodomia delenda est

John L Wrote:
JohnWho Wrote:
John L Wrote:

PJ is my pet Shih-tzu.

S2

She. PJ is a She.

Same questions apply - just add an "s" in the appropriate place and change "his" to "her".
mv Wrote:I like their averaging technique: Armenians, for example, are viewed as an even mix of Russians and Turks. Costa Rican's IQ was coming too high so they got averaged with Puerto Ricans -- not the same genetics at all.

From the "study":

Quote:National IQs Based on the Results of Intelligence Tests and Estimated National IQs (marked by *) Based on the IQs of Neighbouring or Other Comparable Countries.

Country National IQ based on Comparison countries
arithmetic means.

Yeah, my earlier questions apply.
WarBicycle Wrote: IQs for 185 countries

I now know why Kofi Annus was a dud; the average IQ for Ghana is seventy-one.
-------------------------
Well...

Hong Kong is topping the list with 107. So let us choose the next UN Chief from Hong Kong...

US is behind of Germany also...

/track_snake
I regret to crap on everyone's conclusions, but that chart is not nearly so authoritative as it seems at first glance. Please look at all of the numbers marked with an asterisk *. Then read the top of the page where is says "Estimated National IQs (marked by *) Based on the IQs of Neighbouring or Other Comparable Countries. " Then, count the number of asterisks, I counted 104!!!

That means only 81 counties had actual measured data. 56% of the counties listed have PREDICTED IQs, not measured. I have a hard time taking "data" seriously when the bulk consists of predictions.

-S

P.S. I agree however, that Kofi Anan was a dud with respect to leading the UN. And Ghana had measured data.
Uh, that's exactly what I was pointing out, S & S.

Not only do we not know how biased the tests may have been, we see that in many cases even the biased testing proceedure wasn't used.
As I mentioned before, it is possible that there is a combination of the two involved here. And I am not all that up to speed on psychometrics. I'm an anthropologist.

Sorry to stray off topic with regards to "Why the U.N. is a mess" ... but I figured I'd share this tidbit on the "bang up" job they are doing around the world.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL05686115
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
I wonder how many more are doing the exact same thing, but have not been "serviced" as of yet?

I always thought the UN was a mess because it was made up almost entirely of dictators.

And Attention Whores. (I'm looking at YOU, France)