Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why, And How, We Are Cooling Down
For all those Global Warming Zealots, this one is for you. Let me show you why the world temperature is dropping and we are aparantly headed for another global cooling period, ie little ice age.

Check out today's sun, April 22, 2008,right here.

If you want to keep a running tab on the sun, in the months ahead, you can do so by going to "SpaceWeather.com" .

For those who have been telling us that IT IS THE SUN, that is determining global temperatures, you are about to be proven correct.

Now, remember that famous painting of Washington crossing the Deleware? Remember all that ice in the river? Well get ready folks, if this continues, you are going to see more of this in the near future. And talk about crop shortages and fammine? You ain't seen Nothing yet. Wink1

Eat your heart out Algore.

[Image: 800px-Washington_Crossing_the_Delaware.png]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Perhaps he'll start selling CO2 back into the atmosphere,

after he warms it up?

Wink1
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
[Image: GoreBigLie.jpg]
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
John L.,

You're making things WAY too complicated! For the AGWers, the universe consists of a 300K blackbody source surrounded by CO2. The only radiation that matters is the stuff above 2um put out by the blackbody and retained by CO2. There are NO other heat sources, there are NO other atmospheric gasses allowed in the equasion ... OK maybe methane if you ask TS.

I made the 'mistake' of suggesting that the Earth's temperature might be a more complex system involving an additional 6000K source and a couple of other gasses that made up an input and output system that controls the Earth's temperature. I was excouriated for erroneously proposing that solar irradiance and absorbtion of (additional) gases below 2um played a role in league with IR excitation of their favorite gas.

There's no room in their model to include the primary heat source John, their 'reality' is limited to the 300K blackbody and a single gas. Wink1

Keep things simple will ya??
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
mr_yak Wrote:John L.,

You're making things WAY too complicated!

Terribly sorry old chap. I'm just being myself. :oops:

Quote:I made the 'mistake' of suggesting that the Earth's temperature might be a more complex system involving an additional 6000K source and a couple of other gasses that made up an input and output system that controls the Earth's temperature. I was excouriated for erroneously proposing that solar irradiance and absorbtion of (additional) gases below 2um played a role in league with IR excitation of their favorite gas.

Where is this mythical place Yakster?

Quote:There's no room in their model to include the primary heat source John, their 'reality' is limited to the 300K blackbody and a single gas. Wink1

Keep things simple will ya??

But I can only be me, you know? S4
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Keep things simple for the AGW alarmists?

Heck, I can do that -

they are wrong.

That was easy.

S2
And speaking of cooling down. Great news for the Ski industry. I'll bet they can look forward to many more great years ahead. Wink1

John L Wrote:And speaking of cooling down. Great news for the Ski industry. I'll bet they can look forward to many more great years ahead. Wink1
----------------------
Well...

Just to counter that with some warming up stories...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080424/ap_o...lkkn9vieAA

/track_snake
track_snake Wrote:
John L Wrote:And speaking of cooling down. Great news for the Ski industry. I'll bet they can look forward to many more great years ahead. Wink1
----------------------
Well...

/track_snake

That is fine T_S, but to gain a better perspective here, I will bet you that the total number of "cooling" instances far outweigh the total number of "warming" ones you can cite. Wanna bet?

John L Wrote:Where is this mythical place Yakster?

:oops: Sorry, I meant to preface with "at another site". You know the place (I believe they were rude to you). I still do driveby's there from time to time. It's gotten pretty slow. Mostly moonbat ranting.

The argument has since devolved into another skeptic being severely berated that the relative heat capacity of atmosphereic gas(es) has absolutely no bearing on the equasion ... only absorbtion ... of CO2 ... of radiation over 2um.

Again, there's no room in these folk's simple model for that annoying little factor known as reality.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
mr_yak Wrote:

:oops: Sorry, I meant to preface with "at another site". You know the place (I believe they were rude to you). I still do driveby's there from time to time. It's gotten pretty slow. Mostly moonbat ranting.

The argument has since devolved into another skeptic being severely berated that the relative heat capacity of atmosphereic gas(es) has absolutely no bearing on the equasion ... only absorbtion ... of CO2 ... of radiation over 2um.

Again, there's no room in these folk's simple model for that annoying little factor known as reality.

Oh, you mean StartegyTalk? Lord, I had forgotten about that place. Haven't been back there in ages. I wonder if they finally 'fixed' their registration page?

Yep, their one year (unnoticed) hiatus from admitting new members ended a while ago.
-- Henry Mencken
John L Wrote:
track_snake Wrote:
----------------------
Well...

/track_snake

That is fine T_S, but to gain a better perspective here, I will bet you that the total number of "cooling" instances far outweigh the total number of "warming" ones you can cite. Wanna bet?
-------------------------
Well...

Unfortunately the La Nina is over now. La Nina caused a dip in temperatures this winter, but March was record warm (+0.7 globally) according to NOAA.

So am afraid we are back in the AGW discussion...

/track_snake
track_snake Wrote:Well...

Unfortunately the La Nina is over now. La Nina caused a dip in temperatures this winter, but March was record warm (+0.7 globally) according to NOAA.

/track_snake

Aren't you going to hedge your bet by mentioning something about waiting for the data?
-- Henry Mencken
mr_yak Wrote:

Rude to John and I was not considered a worth while poster. Oh well, their loss.
As Gary Lloyd said, "When the government’s boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."
I lived right outside Anchorage Alaska, for six years growing up, and the time I lived there this never happened in late April.

Anchorage is right at the end of Cook Inlet, and it always gets warm currents from the south. It has always been a very temperate place to live.

Quote:Anchorage digs out after record snowfall

Anchorage continues to dig out from a snowfall that set a record for the day and the month.The National Weather Service says 17.2 inches fell at its office just south of Anchorage's international airport and 22 inches fell in northeast Anchorage on Friday and Saturday.

The heaviest snow fell between 3 and 6 p.m. Friday at a rate of almost two inches per hour.

The monthly total at the weather service office is now 29.7 inches, breaking a record from 1963 when 27.6 inches fell during April.

The 15.5 inches that fell Friday is the third-most for any one day in Anchorage. The record is the 25.7 inches that fell six years ago on March 17, 2002.

mr_yak Wrote:

/track_snake

Aren't you going to hedge your bet by mentioning something about waiting for the data?
------------------------
Well...

We just have to wait another 5 days or so for the April data from NOAA...

/track_snake
John L Wrote:I lived right outside Anchorage Alaska, for six years growing up, and the time I lived there this never happened in late April.

Anchorage is right at the end of Cook Inlet, and it always gets warm currents from the south. It has always been a very temperate place to live.

Quote:Anchorage digs out after record snowfall

Anchorage continues to dig out from a snowfall that set a record for the day and the month.The National Weather Service says 17.2 inches fell at its office just south of Anchorage's international airport and 22 inches fell in northeast Anchorage on Friday and Saturday.

The heaviest snow fell between 3 and 6 p.m. Friday at a rate of almost two inches per hour.

The monthly total at the weather service office is now 29.7 inches, breaking a record from 1963 when 27.6 inches fell during April.

The 15.5 inches that fell Friday is the third-most for any one day in Anchorage. The record is the 25.7 inches that fell six years ago on March 17, 2002.
-------------------------------------
Well...

As you very well know, John L., increased rainfall (or snowfall) is a sign of AGW...

It has been fairly cold in parts of Alaska as well as Canada and western US in April. But that is compensated by warmer than normal in southern and central Russia as well as that the cold spell in Greenland is over. But in few days the global data for April will be available...

/track_snake

As you very well know, John L., increased rainfall (or snowfall) is a sign of AGW...

Not according to Al Gore's highly esteemed, authoritative website:

Quote:What happens when the global temperature rises?
Increased drought and increased incidence of wildfires

Link h e r e.

But, I guess with AGW alarmists, Global Warming includes: increased droughts, increased rainfall, increased numbers and intensity of hurricanes, less hurricanes of lesser intensity, rising temperatures, falling temperatures, etc.

:lol:
Here's an anti AGW opinion:

HERE