Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sience Fiction Chronology Site
I just discovered this exciting site, while attempting to find a reference to the Buzzard ramjet that I thought origionated with either Jerry Pournelle, or Larry Niven. What I stumbled across here is one of the most complex and detailed timelines of some science fiction writers, particularly Niven AND Pournelle.

In my opinion, the Pournelle timeline is more realistic, if you discount the Soviet Union's continued existence. In fact, the very first novel they collaberated together with, was "The Mote In G-d's eye", which I consider to be the greatest science fiction novel of all time. And it was set in the Pournelle timeline.

Enjoy.

Chronology.org

Jerry Pournelle's Future History

Larry Niven's Known Space

Also, here is the Wikipedia Future history page.

I know that there is one on H Beam Piper's Terro-Human Future, as I once saw it, but I haven't rediscovered it yet. Perhaps Michael knows where to get it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

John L Wrote:Perhaps Michael knows where to get it.

Not off hand, but I saw it too ... once.

but is it Bussard or Buzzard???
Sodomia delenda est

mv Wrote:
John L Wrote:Perhaps Michael knows where to get it.

Not off hand, but I saw it too ... once.

but is it Bussard or Buzzard???

Must have been "ss". I always thought it was "zz", but my memory is not the best anymore. :lol:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz