Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Hillary Really Win In................?
This is truely interesting. Are there any Hillary lovers here, who will contest the results?

CNNGALLUP SHOCK POLL: ONLY 16% FIRM ON HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT
Wed Jan 25 2006 10:50:26 ET

Most voters now say there's no way they'd vote for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton if she runs for president in 2008 - while just 16 percent are firmly in her camp, a stunning new poll shows.

CNNGALLUP found that 51 percent say they definitely won't vote for Clinton (D-N.Y.) in 2008, another 32 percent might consider it, and only 16 percent vow to back her. That means committed anti-Hillary voters outnumber pro-Hillary voters by 3-1. The poll suggests she can forget about crossover votes - 90 percent of Republicans and 75 percent of conservatives say there's no way they'd back her.

Meanwhile, 46% said they would oppose Secretary of State Rice if she ran for President - a step Rice has repeatedly said she won't take.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Hillary lovers? Do those exist?

Ok, John, I will say basically the same thing here as I did at IAP, but I am going to expound on it a little.

Hillary doesn't have a ghost of a chance of winning. All running her will do is hand even more power, seats, control over to the republicans. I will be so pissed at them if they run her. We need a good strong viable canidate from the democrats, to put some pressure on republicans. It needs to be a true canidate that can run on issues. The 'Anybody but Bush' bit was a huge friggin flop, and a stupid idea to begin with. What scares me more than 'liberals under the bed' is one party holding too much of the power for too long of a period.

But then you pretty knew I would have somethinglike this to say. We are on the same page I think for most stuff like this.
[Image: SalmaHayekcopy.jpg]
Hillary probably cannot win right now,but I ask this,who is behind the IP address posting that appears occasionally here,such as Biker's post has????
Don't sweat the IP thing. Your IP is only visible to you. Everybody see's thier own IP. Just a gimik...
[Image: SalmaHayekcopy.jpg]
Biker Dude Wrote:Don't sweat the IP thing. Your IP is only visible to you. Everybody see's thier own IP. Just a gimik...

Patrick, it is just a signature thing. It really does not work because you and I use Opera, not IE6. Not to worry. Wink1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

As a rabid yellow dog Democrat, I am thoroughly unimpressed with Hillary, and never once for a minute thought she has near the talent of her genius husband (who was ruined by you right wing rabble who harassed him over a lie over a blow job).

However, what are the other realistic choices now?
I don't see anyone better yet on the horizon.
Gore, Kerry, Edwards, Clark, Biden and company are making Hillary look good.
There is a clear opportunity for a dark horse, and I don't mean Howard Dean!
Biker Dude Wrote:Don't sweat the IP thing. Your IP is only visible to you. Everybody see's thier own IP. Just a gimik...
Yeah! And, it keeps telling me that I use Internet Explorer. I don't. I use Opera.

Sorry, just saw that John said the same thing. :roll:
Solo~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
I have a "RUN HILLARY RUN!!!" bumper sticker on my car.

It's on the front bumper. :lol: :lol:
Hillary can't win. Anyone who would be that excited about her would probably just as soon vote Republican.

I agree with Thaiquila, we need someone, anyone with talent. Dean probably has as much of a chance as anybody.
Please not Dean.
He won't run anyway.
An authentic man, an authentic folksy personality (sans scream), like a demo version of McCain, has a real chance to spoil Hillary's dream.
Hillary already overturned much of her chance to be nominated. Her "plantation" remark was taken by her fellow Democrats as total license to enter the race.

The latest well-designed polls show Hillary with huge unacceptable numbers. Far more "I will never support her" to "I may eventually support her."
thaquila Wrote:Please not Dean.
He won't run anyway.
An authentic man, an authentic folksy personality (sans scream), like a demo version of McCain, has a real chance to spoil Hillary's dream.

If anyone has a chance at spoiling Hillary's dream, it's Hillary.

She's right that we have to move to the center, she just doesn't understand which parts of our agenda can be traded away, and which are the important parts to keep. Economics are subject to laws which limit the amount we would be able to accomplish anyway. Our social agenda, in addition to being more important (it affects people's personal lives,) doesn't face these kinds of restrictions.

You have to run for office to change things - that's how you get those infuriating "I don't agree with everything he says, but at least I know what he stands for" votes. Otherwise, you're just running for the power.
If the Dems are really serious about winning the 2008 elections, they would be advised to nominate a sitting governer. Governer Richardson comes to mind first. Or also Phil Bredesen from Tennessee.

Both have experience governing, Plus they are popular with their constituites. Hillary is a US Senator, and senators make lousey presidents, if lucky enough to be elected. Most of it is due to the mindset. Senators are demigods up front, and have no idea how to lead.

WmLambert Wrote:Hillary already overturned much of her chance to be nominated. Her "plantation" remark was taken by her fellow Democrats as total license to enter the race.

The latest well-designed polls show Hillary with huge unacceptable numbers. Far more "I will never support her" to "I may eventually support her."
So, really just who is in favor of her nomination other than her own camp and a few deluded souls? I see her following shrinking.
Solo~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. --Thomas Jefferson
There is a way to get around the bad polls for Hillary. What if the Dems come up with a viable candidate, who then picks Hillary as running mate, and then after they're sworn in (and at by some) there is a mysterious Foster-like tragedy, in which the new president apparently commits suicide, leaving Hildabeast to play Commander-In-Chief?
Ron Lambert Wrote:There is a way to get around the bad polls for Hillary. What if the Dems come up with a viable candidate, who then picks Hillary as running mate, and then after they're sworn in (and at by some) there is a mysterious Foster-like tragedy, in which the new president apparently commits suicide, leaving Hildabeast to play Commander-In-Chief?

In that case we will just have to consult Tom Clancey.

John L Wrote:If the Dems are really serious about winning the 2008 elections, they would be advised to nominate a sitting governer. Governer Richardson comes to mind first. Or also Phil Bredesen from Tennessee.

Both have experience governing, Plus they are popular with their constituites. Hillary is a US Senator, and senators make lousey presidents, if lucky enough to be elected. Most of it is due to the mindset. Senators are demigods up front, and have no idea how to lead.
I like Richardsen very much.
Also I agree the support for Hillary is soft.
However, she is still the favorite for the nomination AND the presidency.
I simply shudder to imagine Hildegard in the Whitehouse.

From all I can gather Bill's entire team detested her, the secret service barely retained their silence and decorum, and the worker bees fled rather than bowing to her.

In fact, I cannot think of one single redeeming virtue she possesses, and I cannot think of one issue where I can agree with her.

The very best I can understand, she is about one single thing; amassing power for power itself.

Hmmm...speaking of Senators making lousy candidates...I wonder if McCain has positioned himself as a maverickOUTSIDE the good ole boy club for a serious run.
Thaiquila Wrote:However, she is still the favorite for the nomination AND the presidency.
That's because she is the only one who has unofficially officially started to campaign. Even Cheney could beat her now. And in no way is that a compliment to Cheney.
All of Hillary's support comes from machine politics. She has demanded huge speaker fees and has been the biggest single draw (outside of her husband) on the poilitical scene. For the past two years, she has been amassing huge dollars and with the new campaign fundraising laws (thanks to the imbecilic McCain-Feingold act) has given her personal political pimp, Harold Ickes, full dispensation rights and bypassed the DNC and John Dean. She has lined up almost all of the unelected nominating votes ahead of time by buying them. These votes are part of the Democratic Party mechanism for nominating a Presidential candidate.

Many folks are unaware the Democrat party has several streams of voting for the nominee, and only a portion gets locked up due to Primaries. The bulk of the machine votes have already been pledged to her, bought and paid for. This was fine when polls showed the Democrat base (that would follow the party line and vote in an axe-murderer if she was Democrat) was unchanging and she also had 90% of the Black vote, and the most important single-woman vote. However, the latest polls show that although she can be elected nominee - she has little chance of beating McCain or Condi.

It is only now that the Dems have grokked the insanity of nominating a loser - and so new names have been thrown in the hat - and the machine pledges are being asked to reconsider. If Hillary can't reverse the McCain or Condi victory numbers, all her careful planning will be in vain, as the "iron-bound" agreements with the machines are broken. The Dems, as a party, have never been known for keeping their word (such as the pledge not to try to filibuster the Alito voting was formally rescinded). So there is no contract she can count on to keep her paid-for votes.

The fail-safe point is close to fruition. If she can't regain a possibility of being elected - the nomination will be wide-open, except Hillary will be written-off before it starts. The problem is Hillary has no political mentors or supporters within the party. Ken is correct about Hillary burning her bridges. Bill always had a knack of schmoozing the party faithful, but that is not one of Hillary's virtues. She has enemies galore within her own party and most importantly, within her own staff, and she has no hope if they won't look past her lack of ability and her abusive, incompetent, and unsuccessful managerial history to feast off the bones of her once-predicted election victory.