Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Criminals
I honestly thought there was a Stupid Criminals Thread here somewhere.  If there is, sorry to duplicate.

This may actually be an encouraging trend.  In an age of highly militarized cops and highly militarized crooks ... 

Please allow me to present a throw back to a simpler age ...

Let's hope this encouraging trend continues!! ... no word so far on whether Marilyn Mosby has opted for some sort of special "carve out" for this particular case.

[Image: 17022426_10154185854496956_7786904756826...e=592A6A92]
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
Wow, obviously a home made derringer.  I take that back after looking a little closer.  Notice the writing on the barrel.   This could be an old, 19th, very early 20th century make, well over a hundred years old.   Spiteful
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

(03-04-2017, 09:33 PM)John L Wrote: Wow, obviously a home made derringer.  I take that back after looking a little closer.  Notice the writing on the barrel.   This could be an old, 19th, very early 20th century make, well over a hundred years old.   Spiteful

The electrical tape is a nice homey touch.  He was arrested for a "loaded weapon" ... so the real mystery is where did he get the antique cartridge?
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
You know, I don't believe any mention of the calibre used on the gun.  But even back in the 19th century, some of the ammunition was standardized and probably still in use today.  I'll have to check on this, but .38cal, .44cal, and .45cal may have been around then.  But the 22 rimfire was developed back then, and is still the same.   I'm going to look into it.

Incidentally, the .45 ACP was developed by Robert John Browning in 1905, over a hundred years ago, and used in the M1911.  I carried that same pistol around while I was in the service.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz