Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Nothing is Labelled "Made in Russia"

The inbred part is quite interesting.  

But then again, why worry when one can simply steal everything, and is cheaper price, correct?   The West does such good job that they would be fools not to take advantage of all the prizes waiting to be expropriated for good of State.    S13
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

The Russian worker probably isn't very productive either.
Happy Delusions ! S2
Sodomia delenda est

Hey Ronald, did you see the other one, which is 100% Russian, 100% of the time?

Talk about statistics. S13

Oh, go to the 2:33 time, and observe what it means to be a party stalwart. S3
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

OH, this is great one too Ronald. Just think what those poor people would be like if they were allowed to drink. S13

In ref to the 2014 compilation:

OK, let me comment on this. A compilation of pieces of various origins. Some are cuts from comedies (tend to be the ones without running time clock and of higher quality), some are staged in obvious ways (it is unlikely that a person unfamiliar with the language would recognize the differences in the intonation of a spontaneous "Oh fvck" and staged "Oh fvck" -- there is not surprise in the latter), some are genuine (but these are the least interesting ones).

Beginning with mid-1990s there was a huge number of comedies that contained stuff like this, some immensely popular, like the "Peculiarities of the national **** " series, replace **** with hunting, fishing, politics. I have no idea if any of them are available in English, if yes, take a look.
This is the description of the first of these movies:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peculiarit...ional_Hunt
As I said, some of the material in the clip above is either from these movies and from copycats of them, there were a lot of them. The copycats were crap for the most part, but the originals were great... One piece I do remember is transporting a cow in a military helicopter.

Anyway, my recommendation is to go through that entire series somehow, it is in no way inferior to similar US productions.

=====

PS. The piece of the soldiers blown off a car ... I wonder if this was a lesser cousin of ТМС-65 (A top secret 1965 device connected a number of interesting stories).
Sodomia delenda est

Here is list of 25 Insane Things You Might Not Know About Russia.

Interesting homicide rate. Must be Big Lie, because everyone knows USofA is world leader, no?

When was the last time someone can remember merchandise being sold in North American labelled Made in Russia? I'm pushing 70 years of age and can't recall a single item.
(08-17-2016, 06:51 PM)WarBicycle Wrote: When was the last time someone can remember merchandise being sold in North American labelled Made in Russia? I'm pushing 70 years of age and can't recall a single item.

Isn't Russian Vodka made in Russia still? I'm pretty sure it is sold in the liquor stores here in NC. Spiteful

JL Wrote:Isn't Russian Vodka made in Russia still? I'm pretty sure it is sold in the liquor stores here in NC.
Not even. Russian vodka is produced by 90% in Belgium and Netherland. Including russian domestic consumption and what Russia export as Russian Vodka.
If you buy a bottle of Smirnoff, the content is belgian or dutch and maybe the bottle too.

Of course official statistics don't include home made vodka aka samagon, which is the real 90% of russian domestic consumption.

WB Wrote:When was the last time someone can remember merchandise being sold in North American labelled Made in Russia?
In Lithuania I'm living just near Russia and made-in-russia products are only few, here and there.
It's even surprising when we find something labeled made in Russia.
So I'm not surprised that you don't find any in Canada.
Already in Western Europe (Belgium, France, Germany etc) you won't find any.

Very often these products have no translation on their package and you are lucky when there is a package at all.
They don't bother translating. They assume everybody understand russian.

And forget about the CE marking supposed to be on every product sold in the EU. The CE mark is not an obligation, but it would be virtualy impossible to re-export russian products without it to other EU countries. Even in absence of CE mark the product must be conform with CE directives. So I imagine that those who import them sell everything localy.

The two main problem with russian products are:

1/ Either the quality is very bad or the price is too high. A few products are marketable thought.
This because the either produce with 50 years old technologies and mentality or it's a German or US venture which invested in high technologies in Russia, yet, at a cost.

2/ It's a nightmare to make a truck cross the border. It takes about two weeks. Sometimes more.

WB Wrote:The Russian worker probably isn't very productive either.
Only in Russia, they would move a fridge with all the food still inside. S2

mv Wrote:In ref to the 2014 compilation:

OK, let me comment on this.

And personaly, I don't find drunk fails compilations very funny. S4
I have seen quiet a few here in real life. Scenes which would make even better clips, but when you think of it, it's not funny that these poeple get down to such degradation.
Fortunately I see that sort of things less and less.

A few days ago, my girlfriend (Svetlana) came to my place with her sister (Tania) and her husband (Dima). They are all lithuanians but speak russian. So we had a nice party in the afternoon.
Dima brought a bottle of 40% Brandy. He drank it all alone because neither the women or I drink strong alcohol (last time I was so sick I sweared I'll never drink anymore of that shit).
The guy was not even drunk. He was just relax and happy.

When he got back home, he bought another bottle for the evening. S6
Poor Russia, John's decided to show how superior he is to Russians now. Before long, there won't be anyone left but John to be his on scapegoat.
(08-20-2016, 03:26 PM)Palladin Wrote: Poor Russia, John's decided to show how superior he is to Russians now. Before long, there won't be anyone left but John to be his on scapegoat.

As I have stated many time before, I LOVE the Russian people. Do I need to go back and show you some of those posts?

What I can't stand are the crooks and murderers running that country. Huge Difference!

Poor Patrick, he has so much trouble reading clearly, when he does decide to read. Aww

No, you don't love the Russian people. Highlighting unfortunate Russian people as you did here who have fallen prey to the vicissitudes of life is not an example of demonstrating love for them. What you are demonstrating is schadenfreude. You are taking pleasure in the fallen status of those people.
(08-20-2016, 06:20 PM)Palladin Wrote: No, you don't love the Russian people. Highlighting unfortunate Russian people as you did here who have fallen prey to the vicissitudes of life is not an example of demonstrating love for them. What you are demonstrating is schadenfreude. You are taking pleasure in the fallen status of those  people.

So, what you are saying is that if I linked to a video showing inebriated East Tennessee hillbillies, doing stupid things, therefore I didn't love East Tennesseans?  Its All or Nothing, aye?  I either love ALL of them, or I hate ALL of them.  Does that make me Evil in your tight fisted moral code?  Or could it just be a slightly strange sense of humor, as you see it?  I'll bet you also believe Ronald to be even worse?    Shock

As for the "schadenfreude" part, I never feel that for those who don't deserve it. Only the foolish, who know better.

Conversely, I also practice "mudita" as well. Look that one up.

No more chucking shit at the Russians.

My ancestor were the founding settlers of the Ottawa Valley, Ontario after they were kicked out of the Mohawk Valley in New York for being on the losing side of the Revolutionary War. The original settlers were mostly Highland Scots, the dialect spoken is unique to this area of Ontario.

That certainly ain't East Tennessee Hillbilly speak Ronald. First off, its Never "over yonder". Its always "over Thar". And you never hop the ferry to cross over Watts Barr Lake. You catch the "Furry". That was before the Watts Barr bridge was constructed. S22

The only Russian export I know of is petroleum--and they don't export it to us, since we produce our own in abundance now. They export it mainly to Europe.

Wait--I know. Don't Russians make those nesting doll-within-a-doll thingies?
Ottawa Valley Music

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BBC Doesn't Believe in The "People's Right to Know&quot Palladin 1 749 10-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Last Post: John L
  Iran's Shiite Empire has Always Mistreated "Others&quot Palladin 4 1,514 05-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Palladin