Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fact Checking
There are many strange things on the internet - and many of them are disinformational or outright lies.

Except for politics, Snopes is a handy resource. The Mikkelsons do a pretty good job at drilling down to find truth. With politics, they are quite Left-leaning. For instance they never agreed that Gore said he invented the internet. He did. I heard him. (What they never venture into is his talking about the Internet II, an idea for an Intra-net for education resources.) When talking to older out-of-the-loop listeners, he often never differentiated this failed idea as being different from the internet.

Has Hillary Lied? One of the big questions that is rife on the internet is Hillary's lies. Although there is no doubt, they won't go near that with a ten-foot pole.

Did Hillary free child rapist? Even though she bragged about using technical legalities to free a child rapist, they say it is "Mostly False."

LBJ said his nanny state was to get the Black vote for 200 years. There is a source, but they refuse to believe it.

What other fact-check resources are out there?
(08-02-2016, 07:07 PM)WmLambert Wrote: LBJ said his nanny state was to get the Black vote for 200 years. There is a source, but they refuse to believe it.

What other fact-check resources are out there?

That's their problem.  Ronald Kessler's book, "Inside the White House", quotes his use of "nigra" many, many times.  But either "nigra" or "nigger", it's pretty much the same thing.  The steward he got the quote from probably heard him use the two interchangeably over the years.   I have no doubt that if there is any doubt of that particular instance, there are many more to bolster the point.  

Just like tigers, real racists have a devil of a time changing their stripes.  Spiteful

As for the "Hillary Lied" part, hell her mouth is moving isn't it? Gah
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

(08-02-2016, 08:08 PM)John L Wrote: ...Just like tigers, real racists have a devil of a time changing their stripes.  Spiteful

As for the "Hillary Lied" part, hell her mouth is moving isn't it?   Gah

Yeah, but I'm serious about finding good fact-checking sources. Snopes is a really good place to spend a few minutes looking at what is going around. I remember when everyone was afraid of rat urine on cans until Snopes said urine is a bleach that actually kills germs and makes things cleaner. If there's an email making the rounds that sounds too good to be true, then Snopes probably has a handle on it.

LexisNexis is the source for all things recorded. If you want to know what Valery Jarrett said at a certain time on a certain day, you pay the money and get the actual recording. One of my takes on the internet is that Leftists run most things and vanish the good stuff on a routine basis. If there was a great story on Reagan's Executive Order 13083, if you didn't copy it and archive it at the time it will be gone now. You may find the actual XO somewhere - but the story comparing it to Clinton's XO that tried to replace it is long gone.

Worse, the search engines are tricked out to only find stuff that the Leftards want you to find. What I'm looking for are places that are helpful at finding hard facts that you may have missed the first time around. One of my favorite sources now ia Google Pix. Vast, fast, and deep.

Here's a random pix from "Hillary Lies." [Image: hillarysniper-1024x807.png]