Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Was Harambe Murdered, or....................
.......did the Cincinnati Zoo do the right thing?

Boy, this is really causing quite a stir this weekend.

Gorilla killing: Harambe's death at zoo prompts backlash

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

I wonder how much backlash there would have been if they had shot him with a tranquilizer and before it took effect he killed the boy?

Now we have to deal with the "Gorilla's Lives Matter" fanatics!
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
They had no option.
Actually, they did have another option.  They could have had a sniper ready to shoot, just as in any hostage situation with humans.  Just in case.  

The gorilla was actually born at the zoo, and hand raised by humans, so he was used to being in close contact around humans.  Obviously he knew this was a child, and had no desire to attack him.   In fact he tried to shield him from all the insane noise from above, from the very start.

However, all apes are exceptionally strong, and don't realize just how much stronger they are than we humans, who no longer swing from tree to tree.  Even a male chip could rip a man's arms out of their sockets, they're that strong.  And that is where Harmbe was potentially dangerous.  Dragging the child around did not help his image, but it was obviously due to all the loud noise being set up by the onlookers.   The fact that he was holding hands with the little boy, and straightened out his pants, shows him to  have been considerate and protective.  

The first thing the zoo officials should have done was insist everyone practice STFU........ASAP!  That would have defused the tension tremendously.  Obviously Harmbe was agitated by all the yelling and calling out by hysterical humans above.  For the life of me, I don't understand why the authorities allowed all those human knuckleheads to remain above and jabbering so loudly.  That alone is negligence IMO.

There was a similar incident in the late 80s, where a boy fell into another gorilla habitat, and the silverback again showed no aggression.  Humans actually dropped into the habitat and rescued the boy, without having to shoot the male gorilla.  

Legally, the zoo is not liable for their actions.  But I honestly believe they could have remained calm, clamped down on the hysterical onlookers, and things would have wound down.  But they didn't.   Over time there will be more videos showing Harmbe interacting with the zoo keepers on a personal level, and it will most likely show that overreaction was the norm that day.  

My guess is that the zoo management was more concerned about litigation than anything else.  That's usually what determines everything now day: the fear of being sued, even for looking cross-eyed at someone.

'Course, I'm just second guessing, like everyone else.

I don't have any sympathy with all the PETA whackos, who are clamoring for everyone's head over it all.  But it could have ended differently if everyone had exercised more quiet caution.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

You can hear all the noise in the video.

Oh, and speaking of dangerous animals...............

The Quint: Forget Dogs, This Russian Family Has a Cuddly Bear as a Pet

[Image: adopted-bear-russian-family-stepan-a15.jpg]