Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Terror News
I'm not sure where this belongs, since there is no idea who did this. But when it is finally revealed, I may place it somewhere else, if you know what I mean. S5

Anyway, the Daily Mail comes through, with lots of pics and some raw videos.

Woman 'seen placing bag in Bangkok shrine' minutes before bomb exploded killing at least 19: Paramedic describes 'bodies everywhere' in aftermath in scene that was 'like a meat market'
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

We'll have to wait and see on this one. This may be an intra Thailand struggle about governance as opposed to jihadi nutism.
German train 'axe attack': Many reported hurt

What are the odds a Muslim did this?
More than a Catholic Nun's chances.
It is now being reported that it was a 17-year-old Afghan refugee.
More American allies hard at work. I remember William insisting we only assisted secular Syrian Sunni Muslims. Secular like Charles Manson maybe.

The world would be way better off if the Americans just went the hell home and stayed there.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36835678
How does a FAC make this error?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/...n-for-isi/
(07-20-2016, 08:38 PM)Palladin Wrote: How does a FAC make this error?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/...n-for-isi/

you think they are invincible, never make a mistake, wear capes and fly around all over the place?  Also, what makes you think it is some US Air Force officer down there calling in the strikes?  It could have been a Syrian civilian they had to rely on.

This can happen very often in a war zone.  You think nobody makes errors in a process that is ALL about FUBAR(Fucked Up Beyond Recognition).  War is One Huge Charlie Foxtrot, and people get killed.  

Even people not intended to get killed.  The biggest problem is that the US has gotten so good at not fucking up like others, that Uncle Sam is expected to be perfection incarnate.  Well he ain't.  

Tell you what, you want to see the worst offenders?  Look toward Russia.  They aren't interested in playing by the rules like we are.   They don't have the sophisticated gear they are thought to have.  And if they did, then what business did those stupid civilians have being out there anyway.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

I was under the impression that special forces light up targets it wants aircraft to target.
(07-20-2016, 09:25 PM)WarBicycle Wrote: I was under the impression that special forces light up targets it want aircraft to target.

Only if they are in the immediate area. Also, the target doesn't have to be 'lit up'. The munitions could be guided in by the air crew once the ground coordinates are given.

The Air Force still prefers their own, on the ground, directing munitions, because they can trust them more. That's why a lot of air force facs at least used to be assigned TDY to 'A' teams in the field.

Either way, it was a classic screwup that occurs more often than one could hope. War's a Bitch. That's why I hate it. Gah

I hate it, too. Worse every day. I still don't see how this was done unless these people were armed.
It happened at dawn. They couldn't see properly who they were. Maybe there was a ISIS contigent nearby.

They made 450 strikes in the area in two months. They hit civilians twice. That's a less than 0.5% error ratio. The drama is that civilians tends to stay grouped. At war poeple feel safer when staying in a large group (John, please insert your tribe theory here... Gah ) and muslims are, on top of that, traditionaly grouped in large families. Suffices one mistake and you kill 60 innocent poeple.
Still lucky they didn't hit a funeral.
False alert in Brussels - LOL - Beach

Le Soir.be Wrote:A language problem involving an Iranian student is at the origin of the large police operation in central Brussels on Wednesday and during which an individual acting suspiciously was surrounded by police before finally being arrested street fork, near the Place de la Monnaie, said the University of Ghent, which evokes an unfortunate set of circumstances in which it will draw lessons.

The student in question is actually a PhD student at the Ghent University, in the faculty of engineering sciences. The student participates in important research about radiation aimed in particular to compare the radiation in the city and in the countryside.

Suspicious jacket

In principle, the measurements are performed using an instrument worn on the hip, says a spokesman for the University of Ghent. "But in this case the results are disturbed by the human body. This is why the man was working with a prototype instrument to measure that avoids the disturbance. This instrument takes the form of a jacket containing cables and batteries, which at present is considered a suspect. "

The university emphasizes that the student in question does not speak Dutch or French, but still speaks fluent English, which led to a misunderstanding, the student having misjudged the situation. The PhD student had on him a document attesting to his research, but it failed to quickly clarify the situation, says one yet.

The University of Ghent also will not blame the student in question, but announced that it will assess the incident in order to draw all the lessons.
Munich shooting: Several killed in shopping centre

How long until the Germans overthrow Merkel?
BREAKING: Second shooting at Munich metro station after multiple dead at shopping centre

Multiple shooters.
Confirmed: Munich Mall attack today: 6 dead already!
The target was a Mc Donald's.
[Image: 13691120_1168177076536351_33333840902530...JpIjoiYiJ9]
I'm surprised that Frau Merkel hasn't had furious Krauts, armed with pitchforks, try to string up up for getting the EU to admit all those barbarians. S13

I'm still trying to figure out just what a "w*****!" means. Maybe you sailors can tell me. S13

WATCH: Brave witness CONFRONTS Munich gunman: 'You're not a German - you're a w*****!'

MUNICH TERROR: Gunman shouted 'Allahu Akbar' as he shot CHILDREN in McDonald's

He was an Iranian/German citizen.
Here in the press they say that he he was deranged and inspired by Brievik.(despite his iranian descent).
Most of the victims where of foreigner descent too.

Like a school shooter, just that it didn't happen at school.

They are sure that he didn't have any link with Islamists.

The real reason is that he was bullied by his classmates.
‘I was bullied, now I kill you’

[url=http://www.rtl.be/info/monde/europe/fusillade-a-munich-ce-que-l-on-sait-sur-le-tireur-de-18-ans-
837158.aspx]link (in french)[/url]

That he shouted Allah U Akbar was not confirmed or mentioned elswhere.
But the sentiment here is high that the governements conceal or downplay the islamic nature of the terrorist acts. IMO to avoid poeple from voting right-wing/nationalist on top of fear of muslims.