Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mad Max
Normally, I am no longer interested in movies all that much. But my eyes and ears perked up when I read that the latest edition of Mad Max, "Fury Road" was going to be released this weak in theatres. I'm wondering if others may be interested as well, and intend to watch it?

Lord, its been about thirty-five years since I saw the original, "Mad Max", I've almost forgotten whole segments of the film. I'm going to have to download it and rewatch it again. S22

Meanwhile, ‘FURY ROAD': A LOOK BACK AT 36 YEARS OF ‘MAD MAX’.

This is one of my favorite all time scenes, in the second film.

[Image: 495225-mad-max-640x417.jpg]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

There were 3 movies if I remember. I'm going to watch the new one for sure. But it's sad that Hollywood lacks imagination and always revive dead cats:
Tarzan, Superman, Star War... now Mad Max...

Will Mel Gisbson still be in the main role?
(05-13-2015, 05:48 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: Will Mel Gisbson still be in the main role?

Mel Gibson is persona non grata. He's guilty of everything under the Hollywood sign. He's probably an "Untouchable" by now.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

(05-13-2015, 07:48 PM)John L Wrote:
(05-13-2015, 05:48 PM)Fredledingue Wrote: Will Mel Gisbson still be in the main role?

Mel Gibson is persona non grata. He's guilty of everything under the Hollywood sign. He's probably an "Untouchable" by now.

Untouchable? Is there really such a thing? It's not like he's stumped for a Republican political candidate or anything considered 'really' tawdry in Hollywood. I think it was probably foolish not to give him a cameo for old time sake ... the draw v.s. backlash would probably be a wash. My personal thinking is that it would tip toward draw.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
(05-13-2015, 11:29 PM)mr_yak Wrote: ...Untouchable? Is there really such a thing?[/url] It's not like he's stumped for a Republican political candidate or anything considered 'really' tawdry in Hollywood. I think it was probably foolish not to give him a cameo for old time sake ... the draw v.s. backlash would probably be a wash. My personal thinking is that it would tip toward draw.

You forget the history. Gibson was considered to be "one of those Right wingers" with all the religious stuff in his films - and then in a drunken hissy-fit, he managed to alienate everyone by calling names of just about every religion except his own - and maybe his own Catholic Church as well.

Look up "Arm's length" in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of Mel.
(05-16-2015, 08:52 PM)WmLambert Wrote: Look up "Arm's length" in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of Mel.

Looked real hard for that pic, but couldn't find it. However I did find this one. S13

[Image: iconicselfie1.jpg]

..."Signs" was a great film. Love those tin-foil hats. "Maverick" was great also. There's no doubt the man has talent.
(05-16-2015, 08:52 PM)WmLambert Wrote: Look up "Arm's length" in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of Mel.

He's getting work. He's in a movie called Blood Father in post production due out this year. Don't know much about it. He's acted in or directed a move each year since 2010.

You're projecting piety on prostitutes. The only thing Hollywood really can't forgive is consistently losing money. He's had his share of flops, but he's also generated a LOT of revenue. Do you think they really care more about religion, or politics, "climate change" or drunken rages than revenue? Seriously?? The only thing that makes somebody 'untouchable' is dorking with the buisness side of their buisness. Everything else can be forgiven or overlooked ... everything but the money ...

We went to see Fury Road today. Way, way, way over the top and non-stop. Good old school special effects, crashes, explosions, flame throwers, people flying through the air ... I think I read 80% were real vs CGI. Overall, it was kind of exhausting to watch.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
(05-16-2015, 09:50 PM)mr_yak Wrote: We went to see Fury Road today. Way, way, way over the top and non-stop. Good old school special effects, crashes, explosions, flame throwers, people flying through the air ... I think I read 80% were real vs CGI. Overall, it was kind of exhausting to watch.

Jack, I believe we think pretty much alike. I watched one of the trailers on the movie yesterday. And I was mentally exhausted when the thing was over. And it was only a little over two minutes long. Shock

This one right here.

(05-16-2015, 09:59 PM)John L Wrote: I watched one of the trailers on the movie yesterday. And I was mentally exhausted when the thing was over. And it was only a little over two minutes long. Shock

Yeah, it was pretty much two hours at that pace ... a wild ride! Charlize Theron was great ... except for maybe about 2 minutes of sappy dialog during one of the few lulls ...

A Flame Thrower Guitar ... what's not ta love??
-- Henry Mencken
I watched the trailer but didn't see any road...
(05-17-2015, 05:46 AM)Fredledingue Wrote: I watched the trailer but didn't see any road...

Who needs pavement when you've got a Flame Thrower Guitar??

[Image: Mad-Max-Fury-Road-flame-guitar-rcm928x0.jpg]

When you have an entire fleet of non-street-legal vehicles, it probably makes it very difficult to find a street to drive them on ... the Aussie Apocalypse is a strictly off-road affair!
-- Henry Mencken
Yes. Nobody is there to fix potholes anymore...

The flame-thrower guitar is so cool, the americans should use it against Jihadists in Iraq (next time they go there, under Jeb Bush maybe). Adding effect when blasting Heavy Metal for the psychological warfare.

This is a comment that would fit on this website where GUN4U and mv are hiding now (How it's called again? ("manlymagnificience" or something like that.)
I like the idea of female slaves. After two divorces, I'm nostalgic of this time when we could take possession of women... instead of being ripped off by them.
That will be one good side of the collapse of our civilisation. At least for those who survive. Ok, there won't be internet and streaming movies anymore bet who needs it if we can get women in reality?

They say "fuel is scarse" but it's not like they are tweaking the engine to sonsume less...[Image: mad-max-4-fury-road-blown-ute.jpg]
Fury Road cars
It appears Andrew Klavan is one of the very few critics, not enamored by this latest version of Mad Max.

‘Mad Max’ — The Critics Are Lying for Political Reasons

Geez, talk about over analyzing. It's a non-stop, balls to the wall, over the top 'spectacle'. What kind of fool injects politics or 'isms' into such a thing??
-- Henry Mencken
(05-21-2015, 11:06 AM)mr_yak Wrote: Geez, talk about over analyzing. It's a non-stop, balls to the wall, over the top 'spectacle'. What kind of fool injects politics or 'isms' into such a thing??

Don't ask me. I'm not paid to critique such things as he is. In fact, I don't know what the critics are saying. But generally if critics are gushing over something, and we can see hearts popping over their heads, there is usually something causing it, usually politics and 'isms'.

But like I have said, I haven't been following it.

It's the ultimate car chase/car crash flick ... and apparently some loons are declaring it a "triumph of feminism".
... I can only hope they are smoking Colorado grown products ... as apparently we get tax revenue from that ... which can be refunded if there is a surplus ... except they're gonna ask us to give it back ... because they can spend it much more wisely than I can. The bright side is that it's required by state law that they have to 'ask' first. Our legislature and gov really, really HATE that.
-- Henry Mencken
My husband is all excited to see Mad Maxi-Pad... we're going tomorrow. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised... It's getting good reviews, but.......
(05-24-2015, 12:34 AM)Pixiest Wrote: My husband is all excited to see Mad Maxi-Pad... we're going tomorrow. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised... It's getting good reviews, but.......

Let us know what you think. Good to see you again Dear. S22

The myth of the female warrior super heroe is neither new, original nor even intellectualy motivated. It's just that it's impossible to have a woman as we know it in an interresting role in an action movie. If the movie is all about gunfires and car race, then you need a woman who does that too.
No phylosophy here, no feminism, no debate on the place of women in society.
It's just a way to avoid an all-men story, which could be boring at the end.

In fact there are a lot, realy a lot of famous (and less famous) movies where the main or the second main fighter (always excelling in martial arts and quick fire weapon reloqding) is a woman.