Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I eat less meat
And why Europeans fear US meat import in the Transatlantic trade pact...
But I don't want to single out the US, IMO everywhere (and in Europe too) drugs and chemicals are injected into animals.

And don't think that eggs or milk are healthier. Same shit.

On American dairy farms, sharp rise in the misuse of a potent but risky drug
I too have cut down considerably on my meat consumption.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

I've probably mentioned before the massive, definitive U.S. government-sponsored 1958-1965 scientific study of some 50,000 Seventh-day Adventists in southern California. (This group was picked because about half of SDAs are vegetarians--which the church officially promotes but does not require, and half are not; while all of them choose not to smoke or use alcoholic beverages and are mostly in the same socio-economic class. This eliminates all other factors except diet as the determinant.) The results of the study indicated that on average, vegetarians live seven years longer than non-vegetarians, and vegans (who also refrain from eating eggs and dairy products) on average live 12 years longer. Since even the meat eaters in the study were non-smokers and non-drinkers, they probably live longer than the average for the general population. It stands to reason that any step in the direction of vegetarianism/veganism would be beneficial, as well--such as eating meat only one or two days a week.

This study was highlighted in the book The Seventh-day Diet, by Chris Rucker and Jan Hoffman (Random House, 1991). Subtitle for the book is: "How the 'Healthiest People in America' Live Better, Longer, Slimmer- And How You Can Too."

.jpg   Cover_SeventhDayDiet.jpg (Size: 15.09 KB / Downloads: 37)
(12-04-2014, 09:36 PM)John L Wrote: I too have cut down considerably on my meat consumption.

Poultry farms are just a bad.
Don't chickens count as meat? S9
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Things are either animal, vegetable, or mineral. Chickens are not vegetables, and not minerals. So what does that leave? S1
meat
/miːt/
noun
the flesh of mammals used as food, as distinguished from that of birds and fish
(12-09-2014, 09:50 PM)WarBicycle Wrote: meat
/miːt/
noun
the flesh of mammals used as food, as distinguished from that of birds and fish

Do you have a link to that definition? All the ones I looked at, tended to preface the Mammal part with "Particularly", or "especially", but not "exclusively".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/meat?s=t scroll down the page to British Dictionary definitions for meat.
(12-10-2014, 12:11 AM)WarBicycle Wrote: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/meat?s=t scroll down the page to British Dictionary definitions for meat.

You mean there are no chickens in England? S6

The only thing safe to eat is what you shoot or catch yourself.
(12-10-2014, 11:02 AM)WarBicycle Wrote: The only thing safe to eat is what you shoot or catch yourself.

Unless you live near Chernobyl, Chelyabinsk, or down stream from certain factories. S6

Many of these factories have shut down and moved their operations to Mexico or Asia.
Research doctors who work on food and diet classify (for field verification usage) anything that wiggles, runs, or flies into the same category.
So grasshoppers and locust count as meat, too. They are among the animal foods listed in Leviticus 11 as clean.