Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canary Islands
Another separatist case emerges?

Guardian: Angry Canary Islanders brace for an unwanted guest - the oil industry

RIA: Canaries Head Informs Madrid of Possible Rebellion Due to Oil Exploration

(Notice that RIA uses the word "rebellion", Guardian and a couple of other sites does not. I'm too lazy to check the original Spanish source.
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

As soon as the find oil everybody is talking rebeliion, independance, referendum, opinion polls, environement etc...
Before that nobody gave a sh**.
Sounds like a good incentive for the Canary Island residents to declare independence. That way they could control the oil, which would then belong to them, not Spain.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
What about Plan B? ... if the 'revolution' fails are there ethnic Russian's in the Canary Islands that Putin can use as an excuse to invade?
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
(11-24-2014, 11:28 PM)mr_yak Wrote: What about Plan B? ... if the 'revolution' fails are there ethnic Russian's in the Canary Islands that Putin can use as an excuse to invade?

S13 S3
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken
Oh, I'm sure enough can be exported, but would not some island in the Caribbean make a better missile base?
Government is necessary because people left unchecked will do evil.

The government is composed of people left unchecked

Depends where is your target. Currently encircling Europe with missile bases in the east and in the west would be a good strategy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Falkland Islands Again Palladin 10 4,512 07-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: John L
  Falkland Islands and Obama Palladin 27 3,875 03-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Palladin
  Britain:Canary Within American Political/Economic Mine Shaft John L 1 1,148 09-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Last Post: jt