Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China - India Border Disputes
http://news.yahoo.com/chinese-indian-tro...08545.html

Quote:NEW DELHI/SRINAGAR (Reuters) - Hundreds of Indian and Chinese troops have dug into positions on a high Himalayan plateau, leading India's army chief to cancel a foreign trip and monitor a standoff that underscores deep differences between the Asian giants...

---

Modi has promised to take a tougher stance in India's border dispute with China, joining other Asian nations, including Japan and the Philippines, which have pushed back against Beijing.

China must be combat ready to win a "regional war" and the armed forces must make sure they hew to decisions by the central leadership, Chinese President Xi Jinping told senior military leaders, the official Xinhua news agency said on Monday.

Little Bhutan has also its problem with Chinese troops walking in and out frequently.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/video...783054.cms

Quote:Report from June 2013,
After India, now China has intruded in Bhutan. According to intelligence report, they have set up three camps there and even carried out patrols.

As you can see on the maps, China is also claiming a large territory, which it calls 'South Tibet' and which is located east of Bhutan.

It is said but it cannot be confirmed, that China is speculating for a corridor to the Indian Ocean, and the weakest country in that area is Bangladesh, not far away from Bhutan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arunachal_Pradesh

Good Wikipedia article about Arunachal Pradesh, it seems never any Chinese have been there.
To claim it because it was before a part of Tibet? It is now under Indian control, very little population there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assam
is the neighboring state south of Arunachal Pradesh with over 30 million people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aksai_Chin
Aksai Chin in India Pakistan North West corner.

Not much is known about the India-China border dispute, which is going on since years along 1000s of km of unclear border lines, this might change in the future, as China is claiming land and water from almost all neighbors.
I was wondering when they would once again begin causing trouble with India, as with the rest of their neighbors, Russia being the exception.

This is all part of a long term plan to establish dominance, gain more territory, and keep the area outside their borders in a state of flux. They do this because they consider it in their long term interest. And also it takes scrutiny away from its own internal problems, which are considerable.

But note that there is one area where they are overtly NOT causing trouble:.........Russia. And it is not because they consider Russia their natural ally. It isn't. I consider Russia the ultimate goal. Siberia is the goal, and they are slowly taking it over through infiltration. By filling the void with good little Chinese citizens, when the time arises, it will be again able to assert its ownership, because there are so many citizens already established there. Voila!, PRC will continue to expand, claim all kinds of natural resources, and regain its stature to the point it was at when in it's zenith.

Unfortunately, the planet is going the opposite direction. Technology is leading to downsizing, not assimilation, and Chinese leaders still haven't gotten the message...........yet. So in the interim, we will have to patiently wait for the time one of the provisional governors decides it is to his advantage to split off from the main, and establish his own personal fiefdom. That will lead to major war, depopulation of Chinese masses, AND the splitting of the other provinces, resulting in numerous Chinas.

I find this entire exercise intellectually stimulating. Unfortunately it is going to lead to millions of needless deaths, as the 22nd century rolls around.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

I think you're forgetting that Russia won't simply let go of Siberia because a ton of ant people live there. Looking at Russian history, mass deportation/genocide/all out warfare and bloodshed is a more likely scenario than merely just letting China assert ownership. Russia would vaporize people before letting something go, or allowing territorial takeover.

Also, while they seem to work well together, you know they both still dislike each other, Russia and China. As things move into the 22nd century among other patterns, I hope to see the world end up as Russia vs China in containing the latter.
I'm not overlooking any of that Tait. However, as Green once stated, Chinese are filtering northward in droves. And too, there are countless natural resources, just for the taking. Soooooo, do not think that PRC is not drooling all over itself, just looking northward.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Just did a quick search and here is some of what I discovered.

Why China Will Reclaim Siberia

[Image: map-articleLarge.png]

Putin’s Precedent: Give Siberia to China?

China’s Russian Invasion

Analysis: Russia's Far East Turning Chinese

Is Siberia becoming Chinese?

And from a generalized report.

And pay very close attention to the last portion of the video below, about Separatist Ambitions.

I have seen and read these before. We're not accounting, as always, for human nature and in this case, likely some very nationalist sentiments. While my favorite comparison is with Hispanics and the American Southwest, I don't think the level of acceptance will be the same there.

And that depiction of the new Chinese border going out towards the Urals is somewhat hyperbole....because that would cut out a ton of Slavic inhabited Russia.

[Image: 1092px-Percentage_of_Russians_by_region.svg.png]

Red is greater than 80% ethnic Russian. While I understand that means the population of 5 people and a goat may have 4 ethnic Russians, the dominant ethnic makeup of the place makes the area Russian, especially if there are major economic and strategic population centers, industries and resources.

If it comes down to cleansing Siberia somehow, I am for it. The thought of the Ant or Locust people stripping away and devastating everything there like they do everywhere else they run rampant is horrible.
You know, this thread really should be enfolded into the previous one, because rather than encompass the SEAsian expansion, it still deals with China's outward expansion, and how they are constantly attempting to use intimidation to create new de facto borders, even if there is no real de jure correlation.

http://theweek.com/article/index/264774/...per-dragon

Quote:Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Corruption, bad neighbors, inflation, and a demographic time bomb — these are just a few of Beijing's woes

A good summery about the military of the PRC
(09-23-2014, 01:23 PM)John L Wrote: Just did a quick search and here is some of what I discovered.
Why China Will Reclaim Siberia

There is nothing to worry about that in near future, just my opinion.

China is now obsessed to claim large parts of the China Sea and further, it is looking for a corridor to the Indian Ocean.

About Siberia, most people living there are not Chinese, the borders are not disputed, and Russia has always been mistrusting, there are some military forces always ready to protect the Russian-Chinese border.

It would be also interesting to discuss about the future of Mongolia. These few people and their wide land were long time controlled by the Russians, but kept separately as a 'country' called Mongolia, while the Eastern part became a part of China, similar to Tibet.

Mongolia cannot defend itself, will it ask for Russian protection?
Has China any intention to invade Mongolia?
(09-24-2014, 11:52 AM)yohan Wrote: http://theweek.com/article/index/264774/...per-dragon

Corruption, bad neighbors, inflation, and a demographic time bomb — these are just a few of Beijing's woes

Agreed! But it extends to almost any level of PRC leadership. How they remain standing, or functional, surprises me.

The problem is that it takes so long for them to regain their footing and be able to stand up once more. But once in the standing position, they can retain their footing, as long as they don't try and take over ambitious steps. Otherwise, they will again fall flat and have to go through the entire process of regaining their footing. S13

But like that video stated, it is the fear of separatist governors, who really have the leaders awake at night. All it will take is for one of them to be successful, and all the rest of them will want their own little independent fiefdom.

Somehow, I can just picture the very first nuclear war taking place between China, and......................China. The very first governor trying to seek independence is going to be the recipient of a nuclear holocaust. Millions of Chinese will be vaporized or irradiated in order to maintain the People's 'so called' Communist State. S18

Well, I don't see the downside in such a situation.
(09-24-2014, 05:14 PM)Gunnen4u Wrote: Well, I don't see the downside in such a situation.

As for the millions killed, I really do see a down side. But as for the breaking up part, I don't either. At least a couple of them would actually wind up being good citizens of the world. Hell, perhaps they all would. But clearly they would tend to be less corrupt, aggressive, and unresponsive of the citizenry.

And if not, there is alway the possibility of more downsizing to change that. S5

Why would demographics be a problem for the Army? China has a ton males, that's what armies want. Testosterone .
(09-24-2014, 11:52 AM)yohan Wrote: http://theweek.com/article/index/264774/...per-dragon

I read this earlier in the day. The main theme is a defense of Chinese military expansion because they happen to live in the shittiest neighborhood on earth. Pretty lame. Seems like an concerted effort to reduce their own internal corruption and quit acting like the asshole masters of Asia would be more much effective than second hand aircraft carriers and creating dangerous "whack a sat" garbage storms in space. The former is pathetic ... the latter is an enormous risk. I visited Cheyenne Mountain many years ago. Part of space shuttle planning involved plotting a safe course through all the trash ... and running continuous 24-48 hour simulations to thread that needle. Every time China pulls one of it's little tests it creates an entire set of "unintended consequences". At some point the consequences will truly become 'incalculable'. The movie Gravity was over dramatized. The odds of indiscriminately wrecking a major portion of the satellite grid is not. We barely have the number crunching ability to track a steady state scenario. No way that China has the computing power to predict the consequences of it's sat smashing actions in space. Could take out our stuff, could take out their stuff, could take out anybody else's stuff. The only danger worse than the all seeing eye is getting used to it and having it poked out ... same goes for the all hearing ear and the all blabbing mouth. Kill off a few million people here or there on Terra firma ... no big deal ... but fuck with people's internet access? ... there will be hell to pay!!
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  India To Beat China as The Superpower Palladin 5 745 08-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Last Post: John L
  G.W. Bush: India, China competing with America Green 21 4,147 02-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Last Post: WmLambert
  Why India Will Bypass China John L 22 4,910 07-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Seabird