Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wallpapers Anyone?
I'm curious here. I'm wondering how many of you still use computer wallpaper for your computer? And if you do, would you like for me to begin posting a lot of my outstanding saved wallpaper graphics?

I've been collecting wallpaper for some time now, ever since I used to be a premium member of the old Webshots site. Also, I have collected a good deal from other sites in and around the internet. The Russian site, Avaxhome.cc is also one of them.

I have so much of the stuff, that I really need to go through it all, and weed out the things I have no need for, and catalogue what I do want to save.

If I do set this up, I will need to upload each pic, on to the site, because other sites just don't seem to stay up all that long. And I will also need to set up a section where only signed in members can use the full sized picture.

Is anyone interested?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

I use Bing Desktop.
(02-22-2014, 06:45 PM)WarBicycle Wrote: I use Bing Desktop.

And that means................................................
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Wallpaper changes daily, most of them are really beautiful.
Actually, what I was really getting at was using wallpapers to make screensavers.

This is the one that the wife and I use:
[Image: Maria%20and%20Paul%20Wallpaper.jpg]

John, feel free to use it if you like. S6
I found a number of 1929 x 1200 (or higher) resolution images on the Net of the Earth that I have rotating as background images.

I've also used some images of shoreline sunsets/sunrises.

I don't like images that make the background overly busy and distracting.

I still use Serene Screen's Marine Aquarium as my screensaver. It is relaxing and soothing. I do not have either the bubble sound or music running, but some may really like that feature. The free version does not have a "nag" screen or banner, but you do have to type in "testfish" (If my memory serves) to change the settings. Not much of a bother for such a realistic aquarium, IMHO.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Paul, your horned helmet didn't fit in the cockpit of your spacecraft? S2

I'm using this only wallpaper and I won't share it with anyone! Heart S10

[Image: remunedesktop.jpg]
Sigh, I've been trying to make an image part of an attachment and add it to the forum. But it seems that I cannot load an image beyond a certain size, which would exclude anything of wallpaper size. I'll keep playing around with the images and see if I can shrink the modified image, so it can also be enlarged with the point and click of the mouse.

I've spend a few days now, just unpacking all of the batched of wallpaper/screensaver sized images. And the entire batch is several thousand stong. I'm going to have to go through each and every image, move it to a subfolder of my choosing and then throw away the overwhelming majority of the ones I don't think worth saving. And believe me, there are an awful lot. I did an addition of the size of the images, on several hard drives, and it is well over 100GBs in size. That's a lot of Jpegs.

For example, the packs are chock full of cars, digital art, and fantasy stuff, that are not of the quality I am looking for. I have a good number of categories set out. Things such as "sunrise/sunset", "streams & rivers", "seashore", things like that. I already have a goodly number of them, but this is going to take time.

I can't believe all of the wallpaper sized images I have collected over the years. Jeeze. S11

Why don't you delete everything permanently? So that you don't have to do all this work...
(Shift+Del on the head folder) S2
Nah, I have too much wasted time spent on them to do that. Besides, so many of them are staggeringly beautiful to see.