Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Japan commit war crimes in WWII?
Japanese Broadcast Official: We Didn’t Commit War Crimes, the U.S. Just Made That Up

Quote:In the clearest signal yet of U.S. unhappiness with the rightward tilt of Japan’s political leadership – and by extension, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe — the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo has strongly condemned charges by a top official at Japan’s national public broadcaster that Americans fabricated war crimes against Japanese leaders during World War II in order to cover up American atrocities.

Now, waiting for a word from the Germans. S13
Sodomia delenda est

Quote:In the clearest signal yet of U.S. unhappiness with the rightward tilt of Japan’s political leadership – and by extension, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe — the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo has strongly condemned charges by a top official at Japan’s national public broadcaster that Americans fabricated war crimes against Japanese leaders during World War II in order to cover up American atrocities.

That of course, has nothing whatsoever to do with a "rightward tilt", if looked upon from a neutral position. But since Time, like most other establishments where the Whores reside, look at things from their own position which is far enough left that almost anything is considered 'Rightward'. Its is akin to Stalin describing Hitler's NSDAP as being Right Wing. To him it was,......but he was viewing the universe from his position, which to him was normal.

The fellow making the outrageous statements is a certified Kook, revisionist, or whatever you want to call him. But he is dangerous in that he is verbally slinging his Honey Bucket in every which way. I suspect he will be gone pretty soon, if the Abe government knows what it is doing.

Also, keep in mind that the Japanese are without a doubt the most racist people on the planet, even today. I'm surprised this doesn't occur a lot more often.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

"Rightward tilt" -- two reasons: Abe's party is the right-wing party, everyone else is to the left. Well, center-right to be accurate, like Tories or GOP. 2ndly, any nationalist position is seen as right-wing, and this is not totally inaccurate, the left currently tends to be multiculturalist everywhere....but perhaps not so much in Japan.

Quote:The fellow making the outrageous statements is a certified Kook

Need to know just what he said, because there is an obvious element of truth here...both sides committed war crimes, only the losers got punished. I still agree that he is a "certified Kook", Japan should not make waves until they rebuild their defense to the point of not needing the US. Let's see what Abe does about it... S13

Quote:Also, keep in mind that the Japanese are without a doubt the most racist people on the planet, even today. I'm surprised this doesn't occur a lot more often.

Because they are also the most disciplined people, and the reporter is an unusual loose cannon, rare in their race. My current boss btw is a Japanese. Very unusual -- he made an electoral promise and kept it.
Sodomia delenda est

You know, what's interesting is that my parents spent two tours in Japan, and made many, many friends there. In fact, about every other year or so, one of these friends, would come to the US and always visit them. And now that Dad is dead, they still visit Mom. They are just like everyone else, salt of the earth.

But it is the system of theirs that produces this cultural racism. They thought that they would never have to live with the results of their actions, and all this WWII attitude is finally about to come and bite them in the rear. China is not ever going to forget, nor forgive, what they went through under their yoke. And now that Korea is beating the socks off their former lords, they too are not going to go out of their way to place their necks on the line for Japan, unless they have something to gain from it.

As Newton has stated, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction". Japan has screwed its future by it actions of its long ago past. And unlike Germany, they still refuse to honestly confront their past, much to their detriment. Eventually they are going to reap what they have sowed.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Quote:But it is the system of theirs that produces this cultural racism. They thought that they would never have to live with the results of their actions, and all this WWII attitude is finally about to come and bite them in the rear.

Actually it is not their system. Japan is nearly the only survivor of the 19th century European nationalism. Orientals are always good in adapting successful systems, and they adapted their model and attitude from the Europeans, specifically the British. The model is gone, the attitude remains.

There are good and bad things about it... I would think good trumps the bad, Japanese will survive as a nation, Europeans will not.

Quote: Eventually they are going to reap what they have sowed.

Japan+India forming alliance is likely strong enough to balance China.
Sodomia delenda est

(02-07-2014, 01:38 AM)mv Wrote: Japanese Broadcast Official: We Didn’t Commit War Crimes, the U.S. Just Made That Up

Now, waiting for a word from the Germans. S13

The Germans? I think the Chinese have been clearing their throat, and may have something to add.The Rape of Nanking(great book on one of my shelves). The Philippine population and the families of MacArthur's troops left behind would be at the front of the line.
Germans complaining about the US WWII war crimes, I meant.
Sodomia delenda est

The thing is that the Germans have come to grips with the past, confronted their demons, and moved on. Japan, well that's a different story. Until they do come to grips with it, and admit what the did, and also apologize publicly to the victims for them, this will not go away. AND they will have it come up and bite them again in the future.

China is never going to get over it either. They are just waiting for an opportune time for 'Pay-Back'. We are not going to be able to protect them forever.

(02-07-2014, 06:56 PM)John L Wrote: The thing is that the Germans have come to grips with the past, confronted their demons, and moved on. Japan, well that's a different story. Until they do come to grips with it, and admit what the did, and also apologize publicly to the victims for them, this will not go away. AND they will have it come up and bite them again in the future.

China is never going to get over it either. They are just waiting for an opportune time for 'Pay-Back'. We are not going to be able to protect them forever.

They have long memories in them parts. Not for nothing but prior to the age of industrialization China was like the Nordic Vikings often raiding/burning/pillaging/raping Japan. They would have gone a lot further if they had gotten the raiding/burning/pillaging/raping order right but who the heck can read Chinese?S6
I know there were the two Mongol invasions of the late thirteenth century, but they were easily beaten off, due to storms destroying much of the Mongol ships. Were there others I don't know about?

(02-07-2014, 07:29 PM)John L Wrote: I know there were the two Mongol invasions of the late thirteenth century, but they were easily beaten off, due to storms destroying much of the Mongol ships. Were there others I don't know about?

John, those guys have been going at it longer than the frogs and the poms...

The First Sino-Japanese War (1894-1895) between China (the Qing Dynasty) and Japan (the Empire of Japan), primarily over control of Korea

The Second Sino-Japanese War (1937-1945) between China (Republic of China) and Japan (the Empire of Japan), from 1941 on as part of World War II

Baekje–Tang War (660–663)

Battle of Baekgang (663)

The Mongol invasions of Japan in 1274 and 1281: a coalition of Mongol, Chinese and Korean troops under the Yuan dynasty unsuccessfully invaded Kamakura Japan

War between Ming dynasty and Japanese Wokous during mid 16th century

The Japanese invasions of Korea (1592–1598) was a full-scale war between a Ming dynasty and Joseon coalition and the invading Japanese (called by B.Elman "the first Sino-Japanese war")

The 1895 Japanese invasion of Taiwan (1895) of the ex-Qing, Chinese inhabited Republic of Formosa

Japan was part of the Eight-Nation Alliance that invaded Qing dynasty China during the Boxer Rebellion (1898-1901)

The Jinan Incident (1928) between Japanese-backed warlords and the Kuomingtang

The Japanese invasion of Manchuria in 1931

The January 28 Incident (1932) between the Republic of China and the Empire of Japan in, and around, Shanghai
Oh, I know there have been a lot of this for the last couple of centuries. I was just trying to think of any before the industralization part. I could only come up with the two Mongol invasions.

Wasn't it the Shinto religion that enticed the warrior caste into atrocities? The reason we made the Emperor renounce divinity and forbade the warrior observances was for that reason.
(02-08-2014, 09:05 PM)WmLambert Wrote: Wasn't it the Shinto religion that enticed the warrior caste into atrocities?

Darn Shinto suicide bomber terrorists... They are like all over the place...S13
Strongly suspect that putting blame on Shinto is utter nonsense. Japan's policy was a typical imperial expansionism, Shinto's role was flavoring.
Sodomia delenda est

(02-09-2014, 10:06 AM)mv Wrote: Strongly suspect that putting blame on Shinto is utter nonsense. Japan's policy was a typical imperial expansionism, Shinto's role was flavoring.

On the Tokyo street and subway maps a reverse Swastika is utilized to denote Shinto temples/shrines/big bells & drums.
Japan's expansionism made sense. They were a resourceless nation with too many mouths to feed, with not enough calories to feed them. They survived by processing purchased materials into higher level stuff that increased in value enough for a positive return. However, Shinto gave morality to acquisition needed for that survival. It wasn't because they were without resources - it was because they thought they were superior to those who had resources, so they has a right to take what they wanted.

Remember, living in a low-calory society resulted in Zen-flower arranging as a high art form. Small people sitting quietly was to be admired. Sumo Wrestling was so outré that it was held in a special and reverent category. The whole society was us vs. them. They weren't better in any way from their national neighbors - except in their cultural isolation and arrogance.
Quote:However, Shinto gave morality to acquisition needed for that survival.

Beg to disagree here. Japanese tried to copy British model (another resourceless island nation). In fact, Brits and Japanese were close allies for about 50 years, diverging only between WWI and WWII, British trained Japanese navy and were present as advisers observers during Japan-China and Japan-Russia wars. And morality was copied too, the justification of civilizing lesser nations does not need a particular religion.
Sodomia delenda est

General Mac Arthur's abolition of shinto was argued as impractical - not as a valid response to the warrior caste. The argument was deflected to be one of ancestor-worship, but that was not why it was abolished. It was agreed to by the Emperor as a means to continue his power, and erased that push of martial might makes right. The only arguments I've seen is that ancestor-worship is okay - but that was not what was abolished.
(02-09-2014, 09:34 PM)WmLambert Wrote: They were a resourceless nation with too many mouths to feed, with not enough calories to feed them.

I think if you take an Arial view of Japan you will find vast undeveloped expanses. Granted not like you would find in the USA or Australia but still very large expanses that are purposely left undeveloped by the uber-wealthy.

There is a dearth of mineral & fossil fuel resources. The myth of the Japanese fish diet and longevity was exploded a couple of years ago when it was discovered that the majority of 100 year old, 110 year old, 120 year old and YES more than 130 year old Japanese were collecting their generous government pensions while sitting as bones in pottery on the shelves of their grandchildren...