Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to visit in Chicago
Do you guys have some suggestions on what to visit in Chicago during the first two weeks of August? It will be my first time in the US.

Recently I got employed by an American bank and will have some training there. It looks great!
Congratulations!

Field Museum of Natural History --- this is where Systematic review of the rhesus macaque was done. And Community Organizing Training.
South Side, if you are looking for a bit of extreme.
Sodomia delenda est

Sears Tower, and go to Milwaukee! Tons of boating to do on the Great Lakes, fishing, etc.
And you can always play "Dodge the Bullet" if you get bored and can't go to other interesting places. S1
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

(07-02-2013, 05:31 PM)Gunnen4u Wrote: Sears Tower, and go to Milwaukee! Tons of boating to do on the Great Lakes, fishing, etc.

(07-02-2013, 05:24 PM)mv Wrote: Congratulations!

Field Museum of Natural History --- this is where Systematic review of the rhesus macaque was done. And Community Organizing Training.
South Side, if you are looking for a bit of extreme.

Thanks! The Sears Tower and the Field Museum of Natural History sound interesting. What about the Shedd Aquarium?

(07-02-2013, 05:56 PM)John L Wrote: And you can always play "Dodge the Bullet" if you get bored and can't go to other interesting places. S1
Good that you mention it. It reminds me to check my health insurance coverage. S6
Shedd Aquarium: I asked for opinions on our fish forum (supposed to be good but I have not been there myself).
Sodomia delenda est

Gotta see the U-505!! But you'll likely need advance reservations. Well worth it though! (the exhibit includes a walk through of the boat and an actual M4 Enigma machine). The Field Museum is awesome as well (I believe it's very near mv's Shedd Aquarium suggestion) ... it has a cave painting exhibit that should still be on when you're there.
"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard."
-- Henry Mencken
On Shedd:

Quote:When I lived in Chicago we visited a few times. Back then, over 11 years ago, it was a decent/good, but not extraordinary facility. I'm told that they have made some serious improvements in the last few years and I am eager to see the results. Plus it would be nice to go through without an infant/toddler demanding attention the whole time. (Note to self: leave former infant/toddler, now teenager with relatives for this trip). Their website certainly suggests major improvement, although I hope they haven't shifted as large a proportion of their space/effort to salt water species as the web site seems to imply. Wish I could be more help.

The guy who posted this is a professional biologist, so his criteria would be different.... but seems it is worth a look.
Sodomia delenda est

In oasis city the Lincoln Park Zoo is one of the most beautiful and attractive place in the country, featuring historical architecture and world-class wildlife exhibits.