Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Portal to Hell
finally found!
Sodomia delenda est

Lots of nice images here, other than the photoshopped attempt used by all the Whore outlets.

[Image: 3.hells-gate-130329-after-excavation.jpg]
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Why is this not a tourist site? Especially for disaffected couples.
Jefferson: I place economy among the first and important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy.
(04-02-2013, 05:19 PM)jt Wrote: Why is this not a tourist site? Especially for disaffected couples.

May very well be, ......in the future. Its just been rediscovered. Give them time. S5
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

There's more than one. In the Golan, there's an area atop Mt Hermon that some local pagans called "the gates of hell". It was there according to their legends that the watchers first came to earth.
(04-02-2013, 07:41 PM)Palladin Wrote: There's more than one. In the Golan, there's an area atop Mt Hermon that some local pagans called "the gates of hell". It was there according to their legends that the watchers first came to earth.

Is it from the Old Testament? Because if so, then it must really be one of the gates of hell. After all, if it says so in the scriptures, then naturally.....................

Any mine shaft that kills canaries fits that bill - and the superstitious see what they see.

All would have the Dante sign atop the entrance: "All hope abandon ye who enter here."
John,

Nope, this is from pagan literature of the OT era. If you study OT theology, you get the comparative pagan stuff, too. It's interesting stuff...to goofs like me.
(04-03-2013, 08:21 PM)Palladin Wrote: John,

Nope, this is from pagan literature of the OT era. If you study OT theology, you get the comparative pagan stuff, too. It's interesting stuff...to goofs like me.

What I was trying to do Patrick was tie this in with Fundamentalism. Obviously if it was written as being a gate into hell, and it says so in the bible, why it just has to be the word of G-d, directly from G-d, right?

It would obviously be much, much more than an outlet for poisonous gases to escape from within the planet.

The one I am discussing was on a mountain top, not a hole in the ground.

William thinks all ancient people were brainless quacks and if gas came out and killed a rat, that meant "hell was there" or whatever.

The one I am discussing didn't have any natural phenomenon that would lead people groups to assume this, they just did for other logic.
(04-04-2013, 02:56 PM)Palladin Wrote: The one I am discussing was on a mountain top, not a hole in the ground.

William thinks all ancient people were brainless quacks and if gas came out and killed a rat, that meant "hell was there" or whatever.

The one I am discussing didn't have any natural phenomenon that would lead people groups to assume this, they just did for other logic.

??? Sorry to be so offensive to ancient people...

You said the place killed people who went into it. Not all gas that comes out and kills a rat fits that bill. Most toxic mines or caves are only temporary dangers. Once the toxicity abates, the caves are just caves. A place with a legend of perpetually killing all who enter becomes taboo. For people as well as rats. The ancient people apparently were smarter than you give them credit for.

Leviticus is filled with the same kind of prohibitions. To this day, Jews and fundamentalists stay away from pork because ancient people knew pork infected and killed people. Nowadays, we know proper cooking kills the parasites in pork. The parasites in beef and other foods weren't as dangerous to humans, so didn't share the same fears.
William,

My brother had heart problems and his diet is similar to the Levitical diet. Pork is a major no no.

Which makes me wonder, is his doctor wrong or are you about the deleterious effects of pork on the human heart?
Nutrition doesn't seem to be a very exact science. There are contradicting ideas and "facts" that appear every day. Coffee was once believed to be bad - now it is considered very healthful. Once when I was researching an animation film on nutrition, I learned medical eduction placed a low priority on it. One Medical school spent all of eight hours on the subject.

Pork has been dismissed since pre-history, because it was known to cause health problems when not cooked thoroughly. Whether it is so poorly thought of now may be because of good research or old taboos. Your guess is as good as mine. Wiki Answers says, "Yes, pork can be healthy. The tenderloin can contain less fat than a chicken breast. It contains vitamins such as B6, B12, niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin and one serving contains half of your daily protein requirement."

How foods are prepared and cooked make all the difference. Irradiate any food and it is instantly better.
Quote:How foods are prepared and cooked make all the difference.

Some difference. Big difference comes from who pays for the study. S6
Sodomia delenda est