Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Reasons Cats Are Inferior to Dogs in Every Way
I'll admit it in a heartbeat: I'm a dog person.  I don't hate cats, but at the same time I have never had one live in my home, and never will.  They just don't 'float my boat'.  

In fact, there is not a cat in the entire world, that can even come close to my CharlieK.

And John Hawkins has five reasons why dogs are all over, and above, cats on a continual basis.  

Quote:Are cats really the Honey Boo Boo of the animal world? No, Honey Boo Boo is the Honey Boo Boo of the animal world, while cats are more like the Lindsay Lohan of the animal world — difficult, unpredictable, hard to like, and probably high on catnip. Oh, cats look cute when they’re in the bobblehead kitten stage or swatting away at yarn, but as you get to know the little beasts, you start to realize that they’re merely trying to lull you into complacency so they can steal your breath after you fall asleep. An old wives’ tale? Well, is it just an old wives’ tale that if a cop beats a hippy with his nightstick then he’ll have good luck for seven years? I think not. On the other hand, dogs are superior to cats in every way and if you don’t agree, well then, good luck with your empty life without a soul.

[Image: tumblr_mg1tebWpsK1r0wqrdo1_500.jpg]

1) Dogs are much smarter than cats.

Can you teach a cat to sit? To roll over? To come when it’s called? No, because cats are stupid. Granted, dogs are stupid, too, but they’re probably on the same level as your two year old. A cat is closer in intelligence to a geranium — if a geranium had claws and a certain feral cunning it could use to track, torment, and kill smaller plants for its own amusement. Is that what you’d want for a plant you loved? To be at the mercy of a hateful geranium? You cat people are just sick! Sick!

[Image: tumblr_m38r3x7OER1qd3im0o1_500.jpg]

2) Your dog loves you. Your cat couldn’t care less if you were murdered by clowns.

You don’t have to guess whether a dog is happy to see you or not because every time you come home, he dances around the room, jumps in circles, wags his tail, and generally acts like you would if you won the lottery, gained super powers, and cured cancer all at the same time. Meanwhile, cats skulk around the house, hide from you, and like to sit out of reach, preferably somewhere in the kitchen where their fur can fall in your food. Ironically, the general indifference of cats is what makes them charming to some people. “Ooooh, I know I’m just about to win kitty over with this bowl of milk, his favorite toy, and a scratching post and….kitty, no, don’t pee on that, kitty, no! Oooh, I have to try harder to get kitty to like me!”

[Image: tumblr_lmnnoiXzpo1qfvtnqo1_500.gif]

3) Dogs are better pets.

Dogs have spent thousands of years earning the title “man’s best friend” while cats spent that time perfecting the art of spitting up hairballs. Your dog would rather sleep outside on the ground with you than inside a warm, comfortable house. Your cat is kind of hoping you’ll die so he can eat you. Dogs use the bathroom outside. Cats stink up your house by insisting on using a litter box. Dogs are renowned for their loyalty. Cats are mainly known for murdering small animals and dropping them in front of their owners in an attempt to horrify and intimidate them. The very fact that dogs chase cats is actually proof that they’re concerned about the welfare of human beings and are trying to stop them from getting cat cooties.

[Image: tumblr_lxasv4P3Bs1qfjjglo1_r2_500.gif]

4) Dogs are happy and fun while cats are generally annoying.

Sure, cats are cute when they play with toys, but so are dogs. Of course, dogs also don’t generally scatter the contents of their litter box across the floor, scratch you until they draw blood for random reasons, and generally get in the way of whatever you’re doing. On the other hand, you pick up a paper and the cat lies on it. Try to go to sleep and the cat walks on your face. Walk down the stairs and the cat runs between your legs. Dogs want to be your pal, while your cat will only tolerate you because you feed it and because secretly, it wants to work with a coven of other felines to turn you into a crazy cat lady.

[Image: demotivators_picdump_383_640_03.jpg]

5) Cats would murder you if they could.

Dogs are friendly animals that view human beings not so much as their servants or masters, but as part of their pack. They love and accept people as their friends, their equals, and their brothers in the animal kingdom. On the other hand, cat lovers should be honest enough to admit the truth: Your cat would eat you and everyone you love if it could. Worse yet, it would toy with you, enjoying your suffering and fear — as it bats you around with its claws before it grows tired of your mournful cries and engineers your grisly demise with its razor-sharp teeth. Remember that the next time you are giving your little snoogums a kiss before night night.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

What ridiculously biased, totally ignorant nonsense. If you really knew a cat as a person, you would know cats are quite capable of loving humans. My two cats show affection for me constantly. One will climb up on my bed with me, rest his front legs on my arm and sleep beside me, purring. The other cat, after somehow one fang was broken and I had to pay the vet hundreds of dollars for dental surgery, a few days later climbed up in my lap, looked me in the eye, and rubbed the side of his mouth where the surgery was done against my cheek, like he was letting me know he knew I was responsible for relieving his pain, and was grateful. I am told that whenever I am gone for more than a few hours (like when I go to housesit and dogsit for my brother), both of my cats search for me around the house, meowing plaintively.

It has recently been shown scientifically that animals that have formed a bond with a human, will produce the same chemicals in their brains as humans do when they are in love, when they are with their human. I think we do animals of all species a vast injustice when we fail to appreciate how much like us they are. They are truly sentient beings. Those who regard dogs or cats or other animals as just animated toys are sadly lacking in their own emotional capacity. You have to be really determined to close your mind to reality if you have much contact with animals and do not recognize how much like us they are.

Yes God created man in His own image. But God created the animals too, and gave them the spirit of life (which comes from Him) just as He did us. They are precious to Him. Jesus said: "Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God." (Luke 12:6) God gave us not ownership of the earth or of the things in it, but stewardship, and part of that stewardship is taking proper care of the animals with whom we share the earth.

Sodomia delenda est

actually, I agree with Ron... cats can be quite enjoyable:

Sodomia delenda est

(02-28-2013, 04:35 PM)mv Wrote:

That was definitely intentional. S2

Brilliant cat. Walked right into it. S13
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

(02-28-2013, 04:43 PM)mv Wrote: actually, I agree with Ron... cats can be quite enjoyable:

Especially when they are being tortured. S5

Charlie loves taking baths. Every time I am in the shower, he climbs up on the tub and wants to hop in. He's a great little three-four year old child. And lots of fun. Too bad they only live about fifteen productive years.

[Image: 560859_3211320554623_844606291_n.jpg]

Now, if only I could get him to love going bye-bye in the van. He is not a fan of that, like PJ before him. PJ also loved taking bathes, and fighting with the hand dryer afterward.

(02-28-2013, 05:21 PM)John L Wrote:
(02-28-2013, 04:43 PM)mv Wrote: actually, I agree with Ron... cats can be quite enjoyable:

Especially when they are being tortured. S5

There may be some of this too, but it also seems important to keep the animal clean and healthy. Especially an animal suitable for human consumption, there are a plenty of good recipes of cat dishes, cf. Cat Braisé. Given the likely rise of food prices, and perhaps even astronomical rise, keeping a few cats around does not seem such a bad idea.

[Image: catsinbowl.jpg]

Quote:Too bad they only live about fifteen productive years.

you can switch to fish...some live 40, or even 70 years... or you can do what I do with short-lived fish: keep a shoal of Charlies and with luck they will spawn for you. S6
Sodomia delenda est

Naah, fish make great collector items. But they don't care about you, won't sleep with you, feel bad when you hurt, or love you no matter what. I'll stick with Charlie, or PJ, or Barney, or................................

I love my Shit-tzus. They even look like little people.

I think I'll just stick with my shih-tzus. fish make great collector items, but have a hard time being good companions, loving you no matter what, and a host of other things. Besides, shih-tzus also look like little people too.

[Image: Shih+Tzu+Dog02.jpg]

Incidentally, that's a Great recipe site. All sorts of neat recipes available. And the site tells you how to pick out the best specimens too. S5

Here's another recipe: Beer Roasted Cat.

I have to agree with the relationship a dog is interested in with a human is one of dependency compared to the kind that one develops with a cat.

Not just any cat though. As an apex predator, cats are on the same level as humans, whereas dogs are not. A much smaller cat can kill and eat a dog in the wild. And yes, a housecat, if it were somewhat larger would kill and eat humans.

What is different about cats is that they know they are at a minimum equal to humans and any cat of 70% of a human's size easily kills and eats that human. So you cannot lord over a cat, order it around, or expect it to give any more than it needs to get what it requires, and absent that it simply will take it, or work to compel you to supply it. Absent that, it will leave and never return.

This is what humans do. Show a cat respect, and that alone still doesn't rule out that a hungry cat will snack on you, but, in time, if you supply what it needs, then it will show you what it wants, and let you supply that as well. In return, you may be permitted to cuddle and pet it, provided you do it when it feels receptive.

Very much like humans.

Dogs, despite your claims, are dependent and use their patronizing demeanor to get you to do its bidding. As a protective partner, dogs are intimidating when larger-sized, like 100+ pounds. If you had a guard cat of 100+ pounds, trust me, it would be far more intimidating.

So tongue-in-cheek, cat haters are amusing, but just keep in mind that since you never have invited a cat into your life, you really have no idea what kind of relationship can be cultivated with these amazingly powerful intelligent beings. A Siamese cat exceeds most breeds in its ability to communicate with humans, and can play games like fetch, etc., much like dog companions. Cat companions also do live long healthy lives, clean themselves, and can use a flush potty like a human.

Our oldest are littermates in their 17th year, and one of those has a kitten in its 14th year. We greatly miss our Doberman bitch who lit up our lives, and yes, the loss is so painful, we haven't replaced her.

Not that losing our other Siamese cat rescues over the years was any easier. These are the offspring of one rescue who was a showcat, and whose papers were included, and we gave away our showcats to other competitors rather than let them continue to breed "at will" at our expense. This showcat kept our Doberman in line with a simple hiss, and the occasional swat on the nose. 5-pound Siamese vs. 70-pound Doberman? Siamese wins as Doberman concedes. Wedgeheads rule.

She's in the center here.

Personally, I don't believe a person needs to be "a dog person" or "a cat person", but rather should be "a pet person". :-) Wishing such ill will to other people's pets simply on species is kind of bigoted, especially since dogs are far more tasty and commonly found on the menu than cats.

It takes far more of an effort to befriend a cat, for very good reasons as shown above. If people were to learn to do this, and apply it to their personal human relationships, the world would be a far better place, and personal conflicts would be resolved with the offering of a tasty treat, a scritching behind the ears, or an offering of a belly to rub.

Unresolved conflicts get a swat on the nose of the aggressor, which, will undoubtedly be... a dog. :-)

One of two siblings (as a kitten in the above trio on left as a kitten):

One of our two Grand Champion stud boys:

The German Nastassja Kinski had me convinced about Cat People in the late 70s. S26

But early this morning I ordered a 36" raw hide bone to be delivered to my buddies dog in Jacksonville, Florida on or about Good Friday....
Here is our puppy, her ears had already been cropped when we went back to buy her :-( Nearly all of her other pix are't on this computer.

The other wedgehead sibling we still have here (right). The mother of both in the center, as in the previous trio pix.

Here is our youngest wedgehead:

WD, When my Mom was alive she had a Seal Point that tolerated my presence sometimes.
(04-14-2014, 07:55 AM)Paul In Sweden Wrote: WD, When my Mom was alive she had a Seal Point that tolerated my presence sometimes.

I remember, you were luckier than some!! :-D
(04-14-2014, 07:45 AM)Paul In Sweden Wrote: The German Nastassja Kinski had me convinced about Cat People in the late 70s. S26

But early this morning I ordered a 36" raw hide bone to be delivered to my buddies dog in Jacksonville, Florida on or about Good Friday....

AWESOME!! Must be quite the big good dog to warrant such a Flintstone-sized chewtoy.

Jville? Seems I have been running into a bunch of people from in and around the area! :-D
(04-14-2014, 08:04 AM)WindowDressing Wrote:
(04-14-2014, 07:45 AM)Paul In Sweden Wrote: The German Nastassja Kinski had me convinced about Cat People in the late 70s. S26

AWESOME!! Must be quite the big good dog to warrant such a Flintstone-sized chewtoy.

Jville? Seems I have been running into a bunch of people from in and around the area! :-D
Jacksonville makes the headlines in the papers all the time. Lots of wild stories from those parts. My buddy is in a Gated Community. When I visited and walked his Dog, I was actually reported to the community meeting and described in the development paper as a possible homeless man. S6
I realize that I am prejudged on this issue. But I tend to look at things from an anthropological perspective. Hey, I'm an anthropologist. So, I look at possible companions based on their ability to fit into a sociological context. And genetically dogs are highly social animals. They operate within a group/pack condition, and have certain built-in traits which more closely fit within the human social order.

Cats, on the other hand, generally aren't. But I believe that selective breeding is slowly beginning to change this a little bit. I have noticed some cats I would be more than comfortable around, because they are capable of bonding themselves in more 'human' like manner. Or close to it. But cats have a long way to go yet, and there is a whole lot of 'singularity' genes that need a bit of changing over time.

Here is another thing: eventually humans are going to actively begin working on other animals, and purposefully begin the 'Uplifting' process toward sentience/sapiency. And I am not using Ron's loose definition of sentience here.

But it is clear, evolutionary wise, that certain critters are going to be easier to 'uplift' than others. Rodents, and certain higher birds, are going to be much easier. For example I dearly love squirrels. I've had several as pets in the past, and only their strong mating drive seems to interfere with their other social skills. Other than that, they are a natural for 'uplifting'

Same thing with dogs. They are well over half way there. Cats, on the other hand, will be harder. And I don't care what Andre Norton envisioned. I am almost certain dogs will beat cats to the top of the intellectual ladder, because they are better able to fit within human society and be more productive.

Anyway, I'm a huge SciFi lover, so I tend to think quite deeply about future possibilities. And the possibilities are infinite. But unlike David Brin, I am not so hot on uplifting Chimps. But Bonobos, now that's a different subject. And cats are going to take a lot more time, I think.

OH, my G-d! The older she gets, the more she begins to morph into her father. How horrible! I'm surprised some Hollywood type hasn't starred her in a 'chop-chop' horror movie. S18

Here's a photo of our cat Nisse, a.k.a. The Furry Freak from back in 2010.

We found him in the office chair (he NEVER sits in that thing, why NOW all of a sudden?) watching a BBC documentary called "The Cat Connection" (the connection being the one between cats and humans - a very interesting documentary, really a two part series, the other one is called "The Canine Conspiracy") - he was COMPLETELY focused on the screen the entire time.

I think we stuuuuuupid humans are being utterly DUPED by this feline..., I think he's only PRETENDING that we are the owners/bosses (the household pecking order according to the FREAK seems to be alpha male - hubby, beta male - cat, alpha female - wifey, both males are somehow superior to the alpha female..., I call that gender discrimination, never mind the species discrimination S6 ) and he's nothing but a cute and cuddly, somewhat goofy PET, when in fact he's a real mastermind and the one who TRULY is in charge... S24

We think we train THEM, when in fact THEY are training US!!! I've been "owned" by numerous cats over the years, but haven't really FELT it until Nisse (he's third generation, lived with my father until 2009, turns 11 this year) came to live with us..., we humans ARE slow! S13

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

At least in Music, cats are superior:

[Image: Cat_piano_1883.jpg]
Sodomia delenda est