Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main Causes of Diarrhea: Is One of Them an Unclean Breast?
This is really interesting: Women's Unclean Breasts Cause Diarrhoea, Says Egypt Prime Minister Hisham Qandil.

Quote:The inability of women in rural Egypt to clean their breasts is causing a diarrhoea epidemic, according to the country's Prime Minister Hisham Qandil.

Qandil was speaking about the spate of recent epidemics in Egypt's rural communities. During the address, he said he had witnessed children suffering from diarrhoea immediately after they have been breastfed because their mothers were unable to clean themselves probably.

He added that many women in rural Egypt don't even bother to clean their breasts at all before feeding their toddlers.

Qandil made his remarks during an address at a cabinet meeting. Women members present were noticeably uncomfortable as Qandil made the comments.

Qandil previously caused widespread anger by offering a bizarre solution to Egypt's power crisis. He urged the Egyptians to wear cotton clothes and gather in a single room to conserve power.

Obviously this Islamio-Kook is chock full of brilliance. And obviously he is contributing to the war on women in general. But what are the facts? Where do Third World pathogens come from more than anywhere else? Did he ever consider the water supply?

Other than his intellectual malfeasance, just what could cause him to make such a statement, when there are obviously so many other culprits on hand?

Also, does anyone have any input as to the real cause of such problems in poor countries, such as Egypt?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

The fact most Muslim wipe their ass with their bare hand is probably a contributing factor.
'It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes'  |  György Schwartz, Budapest, Hungary
(02-06-2013, 01:47 PM)WarBicycle Wrote: The fact most Muslim wipe their ass with their bare hand is probably a contributing factor.

Well yes, but they only use their left hand,....right? S13
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

How many time per day do you think their left hand touches their right hand?
'It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes'  |  György Schwartz, Budapest, Hungary
I was actually using 'tongue-in-cheek' there.

About one in five people are naturally left handed, but in the world of Islam, it is a terrible thing that must be corrected. After all the left hand is considered the unclean hand, because of what it is used to do. I'm left-handed, so I am acutely aware of the stigma of left-handedness. And yes, there is that thing about transference of critters from one hand to the other. But it doesn't matter, so long as the proper procedure is followed. LOL!

Didn't Simon & Garfunkel once sing a song about that?

But getting back to the main topic, has anyone come across any scientific work where the quality of the water might be the deciding factor for transmission of these things in the Third World? I'm sure I've read somewhere where that is the main reason. Does anyone have any links?

Oh, I remember the song now. the phrase is from their song, "A Simple Desultory Phillipic". The verse goes like this:

I been norman mailered, maxwell taylored.
I been john oharad, mcnamarad.
I been rolling stoned and beatled till Im blind.
I been ayn randed, nearly branded
Communist, cause Im left-handed.
Thats the hand I use, well, never mind!

I been phil spectored, resurrected.
I been lou adlered, barry sadlered.
Well, I paid all the dues I want to pay.
And I learned the truth from lenny bruce,
And all my wealth wont buy me health,
So I smoke a pint of tea a day.

Anyway, that is what he was referring to when he stated that his left hand was the hand he used.

Back when I was working as an assistant editor for a couple of trade magazines that served the construction industry, one of the artists on the staff told me proudly that being left-handed meant he was always in his right mind. I laughed and nodded, because I knew what he meant--the human brain is cross-wired, so that the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body. This apparently is a defensive design, since if fighting with another human or wild animal, a person would favor his dominant hand, and expose the same side of his head to injury--but since the other side of his head is actually controlling his dominant hand, he can continue fighting effectively. (At least that is the way it was explained to me by a biology teacher one time.)
I am left-handed. I made a point to touch everything with it while I was in the ME.

This man's comments on conserving power are brilliant, however. We should have him run a federal agency.