Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Japan China Confrontation? Japan's Navy Growing
As if there is not enough on the Obama doctorinal palate this week, this one may also start escalating in another part of the world: Uh oh: Chinese ships sail into Japanese waters near disputed islands.

This could be nothing, or it really could get interesting. And just watching the US State Department in action once more should be worth watching. I'm sure Japan is very reassured by our ability to stand by our 'so called' allies. S5
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

That ole "Asian pivot" made sense to me 4 years ago. Since I stopped agreeing with our divine right to rule the world, I'd hate like hellfire to see us or anyone else lose youngsters over nothing more than nationalism ego or fricking oil.

That's so much not our business. Maybe we can have an "Antarctica pivot" and get some of our folks killed trying to manage assets there next??
I got to reading about our role in all of this. Back after WWII, we signed a treaty stating that all islands Japan had taken post WWI reverted back to X,Y and Z.

Then, we signed a treaty with Japan in 1960 stating all land Japan currently ruled was under our protective screen.

That places this piece of crap little bit of dirt under our protection either for CHINA or for JAPAN. Based on whose version of what the deal is.

Now, we're not going to war over it, that's isn't the point. This "empire" thing can be messy is the point. If I were Japan, I'd back down immediately if not sooner, the odds the US would war on China for anything are in the minus ranges.
No matter what occurs, if it continues it is going to be another headache for the Bamster.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Philippines renamed the East China Sea 'West Philippino Sea'. There are many players involved.
"You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Dick Cheney
Yea, about everyone in a broad sense, Malaysia, China, Vietnam, Philippines, Japan, Korea,etc.
I don't see why we need to pivot to Asia as a pipeline to the middle east when we could just plow through Africa. We need to confront the Chinese in the African sphere before we ever dream of challenging them in Asia.
Sorry, but Africa is Europe's playground already. That's why it's so fucked up. They don't want to behave civilized, and we don't have the will and means to make them do it. Yeah, Chinese are there too, but low profile compared to us.
Look what is happening here: Anti-Japan protests spread in China. Does anyone doubt they aren't State sponsored, or State approved?

And isn't this just a first step, within Statist/Collectivist countries in order to whip up feelings? Especially when the economy is about to tank? And isn't this going on in Argentina, as it did in the early 80s?

Come on, whipping up feeling works in the US even better. China outlaws any demonstrations, they don't even have a gay-pride parade. Certainly coordinated by the state.
U.S. and Japan Agree to Deploy Advanced Missile Defense System
I don't think the Chinese are being led like robots, they're nationalistic, feeling their oats and they feel aggrieved as hell at the Nipponese.

The Japanese better back down fast or they are going to get their noses mashed in and the USA is not going to save them from it. Japan has never paid for what they did to China in the 1940s(unlike Germany and the Jews) and if they do it is not going to be pretty.

This is damned serious. All these elements come into play, it's China's time on the big screen, not Japan's and not a nation with a leader like Barack Hussein Obama who got there in a free election by a deluded humanity ready to be taken as slaves by a modern Rome.

http://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2012...more-24428
(09-17-2012, 11:30 AM)Palladin Wrote: I don't think the Chinese are being led like robots, they're nationalistic, feeling their oats and they feel aggrieved as hell at the Nipponese.

The Japanese better back down fast or they are going to get their noses mashed in and the USA is not going to save them from it. Japan has never paid for what they did to China in the 1940s(unlike Germany and the Jews) and if they do it is not going to be pretty.

This is damned serious. All these elements come into play, it's China's time on the big screen, not Japan's and not a nation with a leader like Barack Hussein Obama who got there in a free election by a deluded humanity ready to be taken as slaves by a modern Rome.

http://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2012...more-24428

Patrick, you don't think that this the result of the Chinese economy in the process of dropping into the toilet?

And you don't think the State isn't trying to distract the populous from how terrible the economy is about to get, and re-channel it all against an outside source, which is the hated Japs?

Not, not at all. I think this is an expression of egotistic nationalism on both sides, historic reaction on both sides, Japanese are jealous of ascendant China and vengeance from the Chinese to Japan's WWII conduct.

I know a Chinese gentleman who told me years ago, the state in China does not have the loyalty it did when he was young. He visits frequently. They have riots constantly anymore.

The fact the Chinese are burning down Nipponese factories ought to tell you what you need to know. That's serious business when you burn down your only job. Serious historic hatred being re-visited.
Y

Looks to me as though you are contradicting yourself. Please go back and compare your last two posts. Please

It's not nationalism, per se, but the centuries-long quest for raw materials that the Japanese do not have. These little outposts mean more to the Japanese than mere tokens on a chessboard.
John,

I don't think the Chinese state has anything to do with these protests. If I led you to think otherwise, it was an error on my part.

The Chinese people are not going to tolerate Japanese doing anything remotely relating to taking a Chinese asset. The Chinese think it's theirs and here we are.

There's payback that never got paid between these 2. Ain't like the guilt ridden Hun and Jews, not at all. The Nipponese still deny what they did.
Perhaps they should agree to take it to International Court and ask for a legal decision?

Well YEA. Makes good sense. With passions boiling, people don't always use their logic though. I hope it comes to nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islam in Japan yohan 2 297 07-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Fredledingue
  Japan - South Korea relationship yohan 3 932 02-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Last Post: John L
  Major Earthquake in Japan quadrat 211 55,953 08-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Fredledingue
  Japan's Continued Fascination With Ritual Suicide John L 26 3,736 04-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Palladin
  The REAL Reason Why Japan Is In Such Trouble John L 41 7,037 03-31-2011, 01:54 PM
  Japan - US Alliance Palladin 7 782 06-13-2010, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Gunnen4u
  Rockefeller: Dems push Japan towards nukes Stars & Stripes 4 894 01-23-2007, 11:27 PM
  Japan & The USA Palladin 22 2,876 10-07-2006, 11:31 PM
  Referendum in Japan Palladin 0 381 09-02-2006, 10:58 AM
  Japan Rising? Palladin 3 670 07-18-2006, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Fit2BThaied