Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organic food no healthier than non-organic
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise. Organic food no healthier than non-organic. And when you really come down to it, it is probably less healthy on the body, because those tiny residual pesticide, and antibiotic-resistant bacteria, almost certainly help maintain the body's resistance to foreign matter.

I never buy organic food, unless it is on sale, or the same as the regular produce, which is really never. S5
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Agree. Still prefer irradiated food.
(09-04-2012, 01:37 PM)WmLambert Wrote: Agree. Still prefer irradiated food.

That's why I buy my meats from Aldi. S5
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

What do you mean by organic. All edible food is organic. (save mineral additives).

Here we say "Bio".

Which is also nonsensical since all food has a biological origine (at least until they produce artificial meat form laboratories).
Over here, "Organic" is what they call food that is free of chemicals, like insecticides and hormones, Usually they are scrawny compared to the good stuff.
With Monsanto eat 5 poisoned fruits and vegetables per day
[Image: 306767_516928621652355_1611348040_n.jpg]
I have been buying organic for about 3 years now, but I am lucky to live in a city with a variety of health conscious grocery stores, so I am able to buy for relatively the same price as other food. Organic food can be more healthy than 'regular' food if you look at soil content, but for the most part this recycled article fails to address the true problems of non-organic food, which is the toxic aspect, not the nutrient content. Increasingly in our society you have people who are less and less able to tolerate chemicals in our food, as well as pesticides. But let's not forget genetic modification. In order to genetically modify an organism (plant or animal) you must inject dna into the nucleus of the new cell, and how do you do that? With a virus or bacteria, the only thing that can truly invade so invasively. You can now combine plant and animals into one being. In lab rats it causes the shutting down of organs and tumors galore. It is, in fact, difficult to find albino lab rats today that don't develop tumors without any interventions. We are going to go extinct thanks to Monsanto. The major obstacle to people knowing about this is that mainstream media does not inform people of the dangers, rather they play them down with articles such as this one. Major chemical companies are also major agriculture companies with arguments that they are feeding the world, when in fact they are killing the world very slowly. Just my opinion.