Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HBO: Game of Thrones
http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

Anyone catch the premier? I do not have a TV or cable, so I usually rely on others to filter stuff out for me.
You can download S01E01 here and watch it on your computer. KMPlayer is a free download and will play just about any format.
'It's not who votes that matters, it's who counts the votes'  |  György Schwartz, Budapest, Hungary
VLC Player will also work for Xvid programs.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Something tells me I am going to get in trouble watching this first segment. And too I am a huge Sean Bean fan, which will make it even worse.

First, I will get hooked on some stupid Fantasy series. Then I will have to watch all the segments coming out. But in the meantime, I will feel the need to read the books, and I will be forced to spend days getting entwined in this Fantasy thing.

I am supposed to be a SiFi person, not some Fantasy kook. Heaven help me. Shock
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

John L Wrote:Something tells me I am going to get in trouble watching this first segment. And too I am a huge Sean Bean fan, which will make it even worse.

First, I will get hooked on some stupid Fantasy series. Then I will have to watch all the segments coming out. But in the meantime, I will feel the need to read the books, and I will be forced to spend days getting entwined in this Fantasy thing.

I am supposed to be a SiFi person, not some Fantasy kook. Heaven help me. Shock

Yea, I am not much into fantasy either, but sometimes if a good one is around, I will certainly get into it and enjoy it. This looks great and the stuff Sean Bean stars in usually aren't the ones to tank.

This will be good, has anyone seen it yet to merit a review? Also, VLC is the best. That is all.
I'm watching it now, on and off. Somebody help me please!

John L Wrote:I'm watching it now, on and off. Somebody help me please!

Don't drag me down with you!
Gunnen4u Wrote:
John L Wrote:I'm watching it now, on and off. Somebody help me please!

Don't drag me down with you!

Then don't bother checking your messages. There's a link there that is a bottomless hole. Wink1

Arrghh.....

You have to admit, Sean Bean plays these types of roles set in such environments really well.
The episode that is about to air tonight is freaking fantastic. I found it by accident last week online and the only problem is that now I have to wait another week...

This show makes me giddy with anticipation about what it might turn into.
I was on 24hr Staff Duty last night and I watched episodes 1-6 at the desk. It was great instead of weekly, just 6 hours of amazing. The end of episode 6 was grand, plus what Ned Stark discovers....holy shit I am going to get #7 now.
Is it already that far along? My, but I have been negligent here.

I think you have, John, and I must admit you are truly missing out!
(05-30-2011, 10:30 PM)Gunnen4u Wrote: I think you have, John, and I must admit you are truly missing out!

My problem with all this is,......what is going to happen when they run out of segments, and the author has not gotten to the end of the series? I researched him and the series, and found it to be far from complete, and him far from finishing the one he has had promised about two years ago.

I just went back to Mr. Martin's Wikipedia page, and his picture reminds me of my English History professor at the Citadel, Dr. Charles Martin. He was a huge Anglo Saxon, as this Martin fellow. Perhaps they are related?

Being of Irish descent, and having perhaps the most well known Irish Sir-Name I was constantly fencing intellectually with him. English History, and Ancient Civilization were my two favorite history courses.

He just finished one currently, and by the time they go through all the other books, hopefully the others will be mostly done? Who knows?
Perhaps HBO will make Fevre Dream into a movie, and even attract the Anne Rice crowd.

it makes me salivate at the thought of Wheel of Time being turned into a series...
I think the world is burnt out on Vampire bullshit for the next 200years.
(05-31-2011, 12:15 AM)Gunnen4u Wrote: I think the world is burnt out on Vampire bullshit for the next 200years.

You could be right there Tait. I haven't watched one, or read any, in years.

Oh, wait!, I forgot. I did read Guillermo del Toro's latest novel,The Strain. As a Big Time producer/director, he is planning on making it into a movie series. This is not the usual stuff that is out these days.

Here is an interesting review.

(05-31-2011, 12:11 AM)ghoullio Wrote: it makes me salivate at the thought of Wheel of Time being turned into a series...
As long as it doesn't get butchered...

[Image: SalmaHayekcopy.jpg]