Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Hardware Prices
Here is a great price for a cordless optical mouse. I have not seen it anywhere this cheap. And there is free S/H too.

Believe it or not, I have worn out two computer mouse recently. One was the scrolling wheel on a Microsoft cordless laptop mouse. And the other was a cordless Microsoft laser mouse. The later one started acting up on the right-click capability. At first I thought it was something wrong with my browser. But when I changed it out, I could right-click again.

I ordered two of these. Get them while the price is right.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Never been a big fan of the cordless. I don't like having to put batteries in.
[Image: SalmaHayekcopy.jpg]
Biker Dude Wrote:Never been a big fan of the cordless. I don't like having to put batteries in.

Just one more thing we Don't have in common. Personally, I like high performance touch pads best. But I had a severe attack of carpal-tunnel, a while back and was forced to switch. I'll take cordless over corded any day.

It's just that a mouse will eventually wear out, if it has moving parts. Touch pads never wear out, because they have,.................you guessed it, no moving parts.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

Carpal tunnel would make most people re-think a lot of things they normally do. And if I was that afraid of moving parts, I would get a track ball. Only the buttons are actual moving parts.

I just don't like throwing my money down the battery hole, or having them die at just the wrong time. I'm also thinking that the cost of batteries for a cordless will surpass the cost of a replacement corded optical.
Biker Dude Wrote:Carpal tunnel would make most people re-think a lot of things they normally do. And if I was that afraid of moving parts, I would get a track ball. Only the buttons are actual moving parts.

I just don't like throwing my money down the battery hole, or having them die at just the wrong time. I'm also thinking that the cost of batteries for a cordless will surpass the cost of a replacement corded optical.

Have you ever considered rechargeable batteries. That is what I use. When the batteries get down, I take out charged batteries, and put the depleted ones in there. They are really cheap, and good for over two hundred charges. I use rechargable batteries for almost everything, including my digital camera. Why would anyone use the "one shot" batteries, when you can get about 200 charges from the ones below? It does not make any sense to me.

Is this cheap enough for a cheap old Fart? Or how about here? They even have them at half price sale quite often, and have bought packs for less than $5. Is that cheap enough for you?

And if you bother reading the ad, this mouse will be kind enough to tell you when it is time to rotate your rechargables. What more do you want, other than getting them free? 8)

Free is good.

I don't remember which thread of yours it was but I thought I saw you say something about Tiger Direct in the old CompUSA stores? I love Tiger Direct, but nothing here yet...
I had the same objection you do, BD, until I used a wireless mouse.

Now, I would not go back to wired.

I use rechargeable batteries, too.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
If batteries are a concern, get a mouse that comes with a charger.
When you are done with the computer just put the mouse on the charger.
No batteries to change, no wires to mess with.
Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings.
But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.
-Geddy Lee, Rush.
Here is one that charges. I cannot vouch for it's quality. But I am almost tempted to get one, just to see if it really works well. If it does, it would be a G-dsend. At that price, who can bitch? Well, I spoke too soon, without thinking. If you are a certified Grouch, all bets are off. Wink1

[Image: LM-8066-unit.jpg]

I'm a regular customer to several online sites, and Geeks.com is one. They are a good place to shop. They just don't give away free S/H.

Want to record what you see? How many times have you wished you could produce something that would make your point, save your 'backside', or just plain keep you entertained? Well if you have been saving up your money, by riding that bike all the time, chances are you may want to be able to get a record of the fellow/gal, who knocks you off the road, and then tries play the 'hit and run' part. By getting it all on camera, you have something to keep on record, as you pass out, waiting for help to arive. Wink1

[Image: 334-124_s.jpg]

I just received my two Logitec optical mice, that lead off this thread. Both appear to be brand new, and still have the thin clear plastic that covers all the shiny plastic surfaces. Obviously never used.

One of them is currently in use on my upstairs computer. It works fine. However, there are some things that I believe could have been improved upon.

-First, the scroll wheel has the little clicks built in. Every time the user scrolls, there is the constant clicking, which are not as pronounced as with some Microsoft mice. But I would rather the indents be removed and have a smooth motion instead.

-Second, the mouse could have been wider, and taller. It is perhaps a bit too thin for my total comfort. I prefer to allow my hand to sprawl out a bit, and with a thin mouse, I have to tighten my grip in order to grasp it better. Also, the mouse is built lower than it should. By being so low, I am subconsciously forced to force my hand up and back, which places a constant pressure on the wrist. This is where carpal tunnel comes in. If the mouse was higher, my hand would be able to rest comfortably on the mouse, and my finger would require very little effort as it moved around the mouse.

I also have a habit of only using one finger for both left and right clicking. I just move it back and forth, instead of using the index finger for the left click and the middle finger for the right click. I guess my brain is set up best for this. And this mouse does not make it easy for me to do this, because my hand has to work harder than necessary.

Here is the model
[Image: 13662.png]

Overall, I think it will work great for a backup. What I really need is something wider, and taller, which will let my hand rest higher, and give my fingers more ease of movement.

The weight is fine, but it does not do as well as my logitech MX610 left handed mouse. I see that Logitech has already discontinued the MX610. It still has the MX620 right handed mouse. Perhaps the fact that the MX610 was twice the cost of the MX620 could have had something to do with it not being such a big seller? Obviously Logitech is being marketed and run by right-handed Jackasses, who use twisted Keynesian economics. They could have lowered the price, and sold a whole lot more mice to people like myself, Tait, and other Southpaws. What a waste.

I suspect I will have to find another Microsoft Laser Mouse 5000, and hope I don't wear it out, like I did the first one. Either that or crank up my high performance touch pad again. I'd love to use that, and have it fitted on a special modified platform located on my chair's left arm. But it is not cordless, and would have to be on my keyboard drawer.

Anyway, the search goes on for the perfect input device. Sigh.

here is today's great deals on NewEgg.com. I just got it in this morning.

As you can see, great prices, with the possible exception it the Intel chips. Intel is well known for being expensive. That is why I have always gone with AMD, with the exception of my very first Pentium 75 computer, in 1994.

Still hunting for a super-cheap wireless server like linksys. Why have internet service if there is an open wireless signal somewhere in the neighborhood?
WmLambert Wrote:Still hunting for a super-cheap wireless server like linksys. Why have internet service if there is an open wireless signal somewhere in the neighborhood?

Was that a question for me, or a statement about you Bill? I have been checking things for one already, and think I have found a nice one. Are you looking too?

Yeah. I don't want to invest anything, because there are free signals I can use - but would rather not use someone else's wifi. Going to Starbucks, Panera, or bookstores is easy, but has too many downsides. When I came back from Vegas, I was operating under the illusion that Oakland County had enacted county-wide free internet usage. After using the free signal from my kitchen table for half a year, I found out Oakland County never got around to starting up that project. I can walk fifteen feet into my office and fire up my cable-based system, but Airport works just fine. Where it's coming from is a mystery, but the convenience is great.

Far better to set up my own, but I've had zero downside with the status quo. Every now and then a linksys is advertised on CraigsList - but what is the best?
WmLambert Wrote:Yeah. I don't want to invest anything, because there are free signals I can use - but would rather not use someone else's wifi. Going to Starbucks, Panera, or bookstores is easy, but has too many downsides. When I came back from Vegas, I was operating under the illusion that Oakland County had enacted county-wide free internet usage. After using the free signal from my kitchen table for half a year, I found out Oakland County never got around to starting up that project. I can walk fifteen feet into my office and fire up my cable-based system, but Airport works just fine. Where it's coming from is a mystery, but the convenience is great.

Far better to set up my own, but I've had zero downside with the status quo. Every now and then a linksys is advertised on CraigsList - but what is the best?

Now I want you to know that using someone else's bandwith could be construed as breaking the law, don't you know. Wink1 I hope you don't do that in your own neighborhood.

If the signal is not locked it is voluntarily available. Like I said, it is what coffee shops do. But that is why I'd like a decent system of my own. In Vegas, when I was staying with one son, I purchased a linksys for them and used it. That signal would often disappear due to interference within the house - yet the magical gift from God with an open door is very strong. Now that I think it may not be a community project (Still not sure) I want to hook up to my Comcast high-speed hookup. Experience with in-house interference makes me want a good one, though.
Here's a Real Deal folks. Normally the 1.5TB Samsung hard drive I mentioned above, is $99.99. But today, if you insert the special promotion code of EMCYTYV22 in the order form, you can obtain this nice deal for $20 less, a grand total of $79.99, which includes free S/H. You cannot beat it. I already have two of these little puppies, and am still tempted to order a third one, just in case.

Anyway, I thought I would pass this along, while it is still good.

Here is the Promo Address.

That DVD burner is also a great price too.

Here is what appears to be another good deal, if you are in the market for a good two channel receiver. If you are using a desktop computer, and not using an attached receiver/integrated amplifier, with a decent speaker system, you are really missing out on a good thing. With all the storage space, where you can store thousands of music files, if you are not cranking out decent music, you are not playing with a full deck,...........or something. Used vintage amps, or something like this, are so cheap to attain that it is a no-brainer.

I have found out that these are the BestBuy rendition of the the Sherwood brand receiver. Sherwood was sold out several decades ago, when the tube market went to hell. She actually hung on for about another decade or so, but finally succumbed to the oriental market. Anyway, Sherwood is not really cutting edge, but if you are using it to listen to music, or pull in an FM/AM station, who needs cutting edge surround sound, or other bells and whistles.

There are six of these going up for sale right now, at Ebay, and note that there is no S/H, and no sales tax. What you pay for in the bid is what it will cost you to your door step. Not bad. I would be tempted, but I am so audio rich, that one more unit and they would have to come and drop the nets over me, and take me away. Wink1

It also says that it cranks out 100 watts x 2, which is way more than needed under normal conditions. Since it is not a car stereo, the RMS ruling is in effect, and they are required to give it's true rating, even if they fudge about the sustainablility, and distortion, over any extended time. It's complicated, and if you don't know how output is rated, it's not worth worrying about. I am using a vintage early 60s 30 watt/channel Bogen tube receiver, which is really not rated at RMS. It's IHF, and less power than the RMS stuff. The actual twenty or so watts will have my neighbors over here in about five minutes, if I really cranked the valves up to full output. So only the first few watts are necessary.

If you are looking for a cheap alternative, this is a good one.

Here is the BestBuy eBay store. They have a whole lot of things going out, including that Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard 4000, which originally caught my interest.

Here's that exact same unit, with only the front face buttons changed a bit. Nothing much, everything else is the same.