Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WheatGrass, Is it For Real?
Last week, I was researching the subject of creating a CO2 enhanced system for producing my own seltzer/soda at home. One of the sites I came across was Instructables, a sort of Heinz-57 catch all for the Do-it-yourself crowd. Because I could not bring up the images for the soda making article, I had to join the site.

Well, going through the site, I came up on WheatGrass. I'd really never heard of it before, but became intrigued, so I Googled it. And found a wealth of information available. Here is the Wikipedia page on WheatGrass. Anyone really interested in good health, and that sort of thing, will find WheatGrass to be almost too good to be true. I know, I am a bit astounded to find about it's many positive attributes. As you can see, the beneficial claims are nothing shot of miraculous. Naturally, it is best to take anything with a good health dose of skepticism. But even if the claims are only half as good as advertised, this must be one potent, and healthful, ingredient to use.

[Image: Grow-your-own-wheatgrass.jpg]

Has anyone here ever heard of this grass? And has anyone ever used it? I'm curious because I can use any advantage I can gain. If it has all these great additives, perhaps I should start setting out a patch of my own. S6

Grow your own wheatgrass
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

I've drank a glass of blended wheat-grass before... the taste was....uh, unique.

however I found that if I used the juice into something like an homemade bar that it hid the taste.

I do feel much healthier after I've had it for a week or so. The downside of it is that it tastes very terrible, at least according to my personal tastes.

so that's why I tend to put it into baked sweets that I make... as a way to cover that taste with something else better.

I tend to prefer the powder and or tablet form when It comes to making a drink out of it.... I don't have to deal with the taste then. plus, I don't really have a green thumb... all plants die while under my care. :p so growing wheat-grass was out of the question for me.
Quote: “A society that puts equality… ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality or freedom…a society that puts freedom first will, as a happy by-product, end up with both greater freedom and greater equality.” --Milton Friedman
relax. it's only the internet!
I wonder if this is a real grass? In other words, if someone cuts the grass, for use, will it grow back? Or is it a one shot deal?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
"INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN SCREAMING TO GET OUT" - David Horowitz

you can cut the top parts off and continue to water it...
it'll just keep on growing.

edit: however, apparently the nutritional value lessens after the first cut, and will keep on going down after the second, third and fourth cut. So the first cut is more fresher, more better or something.
Quote: “A society that puts equality… ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality or freedom…a society that puts freedom first will, as a happy by-product, end up with both greater freedom and greater equality.” --Milton Friedman
relax. it's only the internet!
OK, makes sense to me. S6

Ever been into a pet shop (like petsmart, or petco) and seen little containers of "live grass" for your cat or dog? That's wheat grass. I feed it to my parrot and the cat. It has nutritional value. How much miracle power it has is questionable.
Fascinating.

Sounds heathen.
Wheatgrass is very useful for decoration purpose. As it provide a very different look for external
beauty of any shop or home. But it needs special care.
I wonder how wheatgrass compares to alfalfa sprouts.